What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to avoid roaming charges

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I do not know whether this is the right place to post but I might have an idea for those of us who travel abroad and want to avoid high roaming charges.

I would love to have place here where I can find someone from say the UK, or France or the Netherlands or Italy or the US who could provide a prepaid SIM card with an internet flat rate in case I will visit this respective country. In some countries it might be difficult to get hold of such a sim card because one has to have a residential address or to activate the card one has to make a phone call in this country's language.

I hope you see my point.
(I know there are some globally working cards, but they are still a bit expensive.)

So let me take an example. I will go to southern France this summer. I would like to get a mobile phone card to make calls and have maybe another card to put in a mobile access point to serve 3 other mobile devices with Internet access. As I searched the web I came across "lebara" for calls. I ordered online a sim card but when I wanted to have it send to me to Germany it said no, just for French residents. Luckily, one of my friends lives there, I speak French and so I got the sim card. Now for Internet access. I searched again and found SFR or so. But this time I have to go to a SFR shop, hopefully get the card and use it for my mobile access point.

And here would kick in my idea. Let's say we have here a sticky thread where people post that they would provide all this.*
I would decide: I want a SIM to make calls with € 10 and another card for Internet access for two weeks flat for another € 20. That's € 30. I would agree to send, say € 40, to this guy and he would mail the sim cards to my address in Germany with all the details I need to use them. And information how to top up and where to buy top up vouchers.

This could be done for every country the user here come from.
I would be willing to do this for Germany.

What do you think?

Knut

Most reactions

Latest posts