1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to add PDF files from laptop to iPad kindle

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by nponnen, Sep 7, 2013.

1. nponnen

nponnen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have set of PDF files in my PC which I need to transfer iPad kindle. I need to know is it possible ? If yes , how?
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,917 / 1
    It is possible because I've done it myself. Here's how I did it. Email the PDF to yourself. Go to your email inbox on your iPad, open the email and download the PDF in the email. One of the "open in" options should be your Kindle app. Choose that option and your PDF should be transferred to your Kindle app.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,591 / 1
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

Another possibility, if you use Dropbox: save the file to Dropbox on your PC. On your iPad, tap the file in Dropbox (app). In the upper right corner you will find three options to choose. Tap the arrow that's pointing down, "Open In..." will appear, and when you tap it, you should be able to select Kindle.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    You can also email documents directly to your Kindle account at Amazon. Each device you register with Amazon get's it's own email address. At Amazon.com go to the Manage Your Kindle menu item under Your Account, then choose Personal Document Settings from the left column.

You'll see a list of all your registered devices along with the email addresses associated with them. Below you'll see one or more email addresses that the account will recognize when you email your documents. Make sure you have the account you use to email the document set up here.

Once a document has been emailed to your Amazon Kindle account, you can see and download it on any of your devices, just like any other book you've purchased.

Disclaimer: Been a long time since I tried this, so I don't know how well it works at the moment.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ardchoille

ardchoille iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +210 / 1
    I've used this method to email PDF's to the Kindle app on my iPad and it works rather well.
  6. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    Thanks. Good to have first hand experience on board.
    • Like Like x 1