What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add contacts on ipad2?

linda3011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ipad2 and I'm using iso5, now I can't work out how to add contacts in the contacts app?? There is no plus button anywhere?

Am I looking in the wrong spot? I want to add numbers so I can iMessage from my iPad.

Thanks

EDIT: Per this post, enabling iCloud (more here) appears to resolve this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

pernille k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unable to Add New Contacts

For some reason I have no way of editing my contacts after I upgrad to OS5. The buttons that said "edit" is simply not there anymore. The only option I have is to send contact. I can't even make a new contact to my list.. Anyone facing the same problem? Please help. -Pernille

OP
L

linda3011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me!!! I am too having this problem! I posted a question earlier about this - its driving me crazy :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There should be a "+" button at the bottom of the left-hand page...

Contacts_main_image.png

Click on that and you can add a new contact.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm...I upgraded to iOS 5 on the 12th and that's what my Contact App looks like. So it's blank in that area? Odd.

Restarting the iPad can fix most issues. Hold down the power switch (outside edge) by itself until the red slider appears. Turn it off by sliding the switch and then once again hold down the power switch until the Apple logo appears.

Resetting the iPad should be reserved for a non-responsive unit as it addresses other activity but if restarting doesn't do it, resetting it might. Hold down the power switch and home button until the slider appears on the screen and shut it down. Hold down the power switch again until the Apple logo appears. Fully booting up from a reset will take a little longer than a restart.

More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Let us know if that helps. Others may have some more suggestions as well.

pernille k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here.. The "+" button was there befo I upgrated.. Now there is nothing..

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you enabled iCloud, I think since ios5 you need a iCloud account for contacts editing and creation.
Hadn't thought about that. Even if iCloud is set up, the setting to sync Contacts might also need to be switched to "On". Although I went into my iPad's iCloud settings and turned it off and the "+" is still in my Contacts App.

OP
L

linda3011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Have you enabled iCloud, I think since ios5 you need a iCloud account for contacts editing and creation.

Thankyou!!!! This fixed it perfectly :) I can now add and edit contacts :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions