What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add chapters to ipad video?

Henrylo1021

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any software for windows to add chapters to iPad video? Apple demo video shows there are chapters in the movie.app, but I don't know how to make it, please help!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF!

The chapters only show up if you downloaded it from iTunes. Apple includes chapters into the movie. I don't know of any windows software that will make chapters that iPad will recognize.....

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ripped a DVD with Handbrake and it has chapters. I don't recall doing anything special. The digital download that came with my copy of Wall-E also has chapters.

Where are you getting your video?

OP
H

Henrylo1021

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got it from isohunt.com , Like this, if I can make chapters into my video, that would be wonderful^_^

Reaction score
If you download a ripped movie, which does not include chapters, than the iPad Videos app can't display any chapters. Does the file have chapters when you play it on your computer?

Btw. the above comment should be moderated, while isohunt in itself is legal, downloading dark knight from there certainly isn't.

Edit 2:
If chapters are not already present, you would have to manually add them with a movie editor. Usually I would suggest Movie Maker, but it doesn't work with .mkv files. If you are using Mac OS, than imovie you could import the movie into iMovie, add chapters and save the whole thing as a new movie.

Last edited:
OP
H

Henrylo1021

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks . Do u know a Mac software called subler which can add chapters into iPad video? I never tried it before, I just saw it here forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1050458

OP
H

Henrylo1021

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how can I remove my message that against the rule?
I am new member, sorry

Reaction score
Henrylo1021 said:
So how can I remove my message that against the rule?
I am new member, sorry

There is a blue "Edit" button at the end of each of your posts. That way you can edit the comment, or even delete it. You could just remove the movie name, bittorrent in itself isn't illegal and there are legal movie torrent. So for the sake od this thread, we will just assume that it is a legal movie ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts