What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How soon after christmas....

Livett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and get the iPad now. Unless the next gen has things you can't live without, you will still be using it.

You're just cheating yourself out of quality time to spend with an iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmmm......

March is quite far off (i know thats not the actual date or anything but apple do tend to do things anually dont they) but I might have to wait! I reckon the next one will have a load of new and cool features :) fingers crossed anyway!

Based on the history of other iDevices, the only new feature it will have is more storage, which I am finding impossible to fill.

If you want one get one now! It's gonna be at least 2 years before there are ant significant changes. Even iPod touch took 4 gens just to get a camera!

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect significant upgrades in the next generation of Ipads. Apple can't stuff EVERYTHING in the second go around, or you'd have no incentive to upgrade to generation 3 when the time comes around. You can 'probably' bet on an upgrade from 256 to 512 ram( why they didn't do this the first time I'll never know, probably goes back to my 'keep em coming back for more' theory), and cameras. You have to decide if those features are worth it to you.

The nice thing about Apple products, is that they have great resell potential. There are people I know selling their 3rd gen ipod touches for a decent amount of money to upgrade to 4th gen. I doubt you'd have much trouble selling the current pad down the line, if you feel the pressing urge to upgrade the next time around. In the meantime I'd go ahead and buy with confidence, and worry about enjoying the pad to the fullest today, and let tomorrow take care of itself. It is, afterall, promised to no-one... :)

OP
C

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I might hang on to be honest, I think extra ram and storage would seal the deal and I'm in no desperate hurry to get one!

OP
C

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I might hang on to be honest, I think extra ram and storage would seal the deal and I'm in no desperate hurry to get one!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually more ram and more storage would be nice and even a usb port or camera, but frankly they wouldn't influence my decision to buy one. The iPad in it's current guise has been a game changer for mobile computing. I wouldn't want to be without some comparable machine now I know whats possible. It's that instant access wherever I am that's the key.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are there so many people that are always waiting for the next everything? If you want something and can afford it, just get it. Waiting will not make it better.

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, and then next year you'll be wondering if you should wait for the following year, and on and on and on. Just buy and enjoy...

Most reactions

Latest posts