How pervasive are the iPad 3 WiFi problems?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Curt Monash, May 12, 2012.

1. jerryr1967

jerryr1967
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have iPad 2 and iPad 3, both with WiFi & Verizon. When using WiFi only, both appear to have the same signal strength but the iPad 3 is V E R Y slow loading internet pages. I even have both on the desk in front of me, start the iPad 3 on a page, then start the iPad 2 on the same page and the 2 will finish before the 3 has even blanked the previous page to begin it's load.

2. CTexecutive

CTexecutive
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    3 days ago I bought my first iPad; 64GB, Wi-Fi, 4G from Verizon. Wi-Fi is so bad it won't stay connected even if I sit right next to the router. We have 2 routers in our small factory of 7000 sqaure feet. My laptop will show 5 bars on either one, even the one on the far side of the building with many walls, machinery, etc. between them. No problem with the 6 Droid phones we have here. The iPad won't even stay connected to the router that sits 4 feet from my desk. Tried it in a hotel on business last night. Kept dropping connection. Tried several public places. Nothing any better.

I was considering getting these for several employees to aid with scheduling, inventory etc. while walking in the building. I guess that won't be happening.

Needless to say, this unit will be returned next week. Think I'll get a refund. I really think the iPad can be a good tool but if Apple let a product out that is this bad, how long before it just dies?

Very unhappy in northeast USA

3. HKWrite12

HKWrite12
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    They always say don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch. It's hard to account for every single issue when you're producing millions. I don't think you should give up. Apple has great support. Try another. And if you try online, they may throw in a free accessory for your troubles. iPads always need a good accessory.

4. Ocracoke

Ocracoke
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I haven't read all the post, I have a iPad I, it works well on all wifi except Verizon. I tested it on two other home Verizon routers as mine, same slow, slow screen updates when using Safari, vid stream doesn't work, buffers, stops, buffer stops. The following fixed my Verizon problem, log into your router as the admin and set the Wifi Fragmentation Threshold to 2004 and the RTS Threshold to 500. Download the FCC Mobile Broadband test app. My numbers now match what I am paying for from Verizon, the default values, which basically turns off these options gives me 1/3 of the speed.

PS, each place I tested had Satellite TV, I have read that the Satellite cable feed can leak RF that can mess with WiFi.

#44 Ocracoke, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  5. darkangelwitch

darkangelwitch
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This is my first iPad (it's a 3) and so far no wifi problems. Works great on the home wifi system and when out and about I tether through my android and fingers crossed it also works fine :)

6. Bosvaark

Bosvaark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPhone 4 and the iPad 3, I have encountered no wireless issues with the iPad 3, I setup wireless networks all the times using the iPad 3, the iPhone on the other hand has given issues with some wireless networks especially if using older Access points and routers.

7. NoNoBadDog

NoNoBadDog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It must not be "pervasive" T all, as I have yet to meet anyone who has had a problem. I work with a large number of people, and most of them have iPads. Not one of them has ever complained about, or even mentioned, and connectivity issues on wireless. AT&T is another story....

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using ipf