What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
susanlackey said:
Yep, we tried rice and everything, but it was hopeless. My brother was furious with her.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

If is was immersed in salt water, the salt causes the greatest damage, corroding everything it can reach.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I admit, it doesn't go in the water with me, but it is still close by. I am a little more careful now at the beach than I was before. Last month my niece took hers to the beach. They went for a long walk and a swim. By the time they got back to their stuff, high tide had come in and her iPad was under water and ruined. I won't make that same mistake.

The image of an iPad sitting around waiting for high tide is almost comic-like. Surprised it wasn't stolen before high tide. Guessing it was inside a bag or something, but I wouldn't leave anything valuable untended in a public space.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She did have it in a bag. But I agree, I never just leave anything of value like that just lying around. I would have at last taken it back to the car and locked it up. She wants my brother to buy her a new one, but he told her if she wants one, she will have to get a job and buy it herself.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
susanlackey said:
She did have it in a bag. But I agree, I never just leave anything of value like that just lying around. I would have at last taken it back to the car and locked it up. She wants my brother to buy her a new one, but he told her if she wants one, she will have to get a job and buy it herself.

Oh gosh, hate the thought of that happening....I won't take my iPad to the beach but I do take my iPhone but I'll put it in one of those plastic zip lock bags....sand can get everywhere! Cheers for your brother in refusing to buy her another.....has she gotten herself a job yet? ;)

We were on a beach years ago with our 3 girls and they were all quite young when 2 girls and a guy came in front of us, stripped down to G-strings and sunbaked. My girls were aghast at that and I was taken aback, it's a family beach. We watched the tide coming closer until it finally swamped them, then one of my girls turned to me and said 'did God do that because they were being rude mummy'. :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers for your brother. I have a college-age cousin who doesn't understand responsibility and taking care of things. She loses her wallet and her mum buys her a new designer one for $300. She loses her phone and gets an upgraded model instead. With each experience, her parents teach her to be irresponsible.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Cheers for your brother. I have a college-age cousin who doesn't understand responsibility and taking care of things. She loses her wallet and her mum buys her a new designer one for $300. She loses her phone and gets an upgraded model instead. With each experience, her parents teach her to be irresponsible.

I've seen this happen many times with friends of my girls, what are they thinking when they do it. They really are taking away independence from their kids and I worry what their future holds if they always will expect mum and dad to be there and pay for everything. And then they make it harder for other parents who are trying to do the right thing with their own kids....and it starts early too....gees I know one family that the kids got $50 every time they lost a tooth.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:

That's what I thought too and thought I'd heard wrong......of course my girls couldn't understand why their tooth fairy didn't do the same. ;)

Last edited:

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My niece has still not gone out and got a job, and she just turned 18. Thus, she still does not have an iPad, my brother, I am happy to say, is still standing strong.

For $50.00 a tooth, I might just have to start pulling my own teeth out if that is the going rate nowadays!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen this happen many times with friends of my girls, what are they thinking when they do it. They really are taking away independence from their kids and I worry what their future holds if they always will expect mum and dad to be there and pay for everything. And then they make it harder for other parents who are trying to do the right thing with their own kids....and it starts early too....gees I know one family that the kids got $50 every time they lost a tooth.

Geez...$50 a tooth! I am speechless! I think the most I received was $2.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

I would put the tooth under my pillow and find a 10¢ piece in it's place in the morning. I would have had to lose 500 teeth to get $50.00. LOL

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

Ridiculous isn't it.....I gave mine $1 for a single tooth and $2 for a double.....we have 1 and 2 dollar gold coins. They sometimes got a fairy book too!

Those same kids got mobile phones in primary school. Youngest got his in grade 1.

Boy, we are off topic here.......I do take my iPad with me everywhere except to the beach!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ridiculous isn't it.....I gave mine $1 for a single tooth and $2 for a double.....we have 1 and 2 dollar gold coins. They sometimes got a fairy book too!

Those same kids got mobile phones in primary school. Youngest got his in grade 1.

Boy, we are off topic here.......I do take my iPad with me everywhere except to the beach!

That's crazy for a first grader to get a smart phone/mobile phones, really!! I received 2 silver dollars from my aunt. She was the only one I could trust to pull the thread and yank the tooth out! Sounds so painful when you think of if now, but at the time you're more excited about a visit from the tooth fairy than the pain!

Back on topic...I leave my iPad at home, when working...but I definitely take it with me when going on vacation or anywhere else I go.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my iPad around the house, pretty much the only other time it leaves its haven is vacations (of course, I can't survive a day without technology - or iPF).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts