What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

oriondlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I now have it with me 100% of the time. It has just become that integrated into my day. I have a iPad 2. I have owned it just over a year.

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rgenter said:
I may not take it with me everytime I leave my home but probably 96.5% of the time the iPad is within reach of my 32" arms.
Sometimes I leave my laptop at home and rely on the iPad. So much so, I give workshops on how to appreciate and get the most from the iPad.

Me personally, I stopped using my laptop almost completely after the iPad. Only reason I've powered up my laptop in the last couple years was to run business-specific programs. Otherwise I pretty much rely fulltime on the iPad for everything else from emails to documents to conferencing. I genuinely think Apple Inc. is the devil (half of the devil anyway, other half being Starbucks) but to give credit where it's due, iPads are incredibly powerful machines.

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moe0000001 said:
Me personally, I stopped using my laptop almost completely after the iPad.

Same here, I even went so far asto get rid of the laptop altogether.

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CDavey said:
Same here, I even went so far asto get rid of the laptop altogether.
LoL yeah I gave away my personal laptop. I only keep the company laptop because I have to. A couple of my work buddies downloaded apps so that they can keep the company laptops running in the office all the time while remote-controlling through iPads. One of them is infamous for doing most of the work on the company's machine through his iPad while sitting in the smoking area outside.

Laurie_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only comes with me if I'm traveling.
I have a Iphone, Itouch, Ipod nano. Which are usally in my purse.
I'm not usually any where that bringing it with me would even be a plus. I don't hang out at Starbucks, or book stores.
Not so sure that trying to use it while food shopping in walmart would be such a great thing.;)

ripipemender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would probability scrap laptop altogether if quick office worked a little better. It shifts from uppercase to lower case and generally does what it wants when working on a spreadsheet

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ripipemender said:
I would probability scrap laptop altogether if quick office worked a little better. It shifts from uppercase to lower case and generally does what it wants when working on a spreadsheet

That will be fixed soon, one would think, no?

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CDavey said:
That will be fixed soon, one would think, no?

One would HOPE! Last time I checked, still no flash or zip (which is why I have my android to unzip and forward to iPad). Apple intentionally doesn't provide better fixes to the apps of the "enemy"

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
moe0000001 said:
One would HOPE! Last time I checked, still no flash or zip (which is why I have my android to unzip and forward to iPad). Apple intentionally doesn't provide better fixes to the apps of the "enemy"

And there won't be any flash ever! Adobe has also stopped any development for devices. If you'd like more info, have a look at this great Sticky by Mickey330
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

iPad 2 3G 64gb

chev922

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's always with me. If it was waterproof I'd take it in the pool with me. :)

abbieb2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifeproof had a case coming out that will be waterproof. I have one for my iPhone 4 and love it!!

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cousin fell on her chair during a salon treatment on her hair. Guess which one I protected first. Bad me.

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
My cousin fell on her chair during a salon treatment on her hair. Guess which one I protected first. Bad me.

Ummmm... I dunno about that... I'm sure if your cousin broke you wouldn't have to take a hundred "genius bar" appointment with a hundred useless people and spend days researching things online while feeling frustrated enough to commit a combined homicide/self inflected injury.
I'd say you made the right choice :) good job

Most reactions

Latest posts