What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you charge your battery?

How often do you hare your iDevice's battery?

• Daily

Votes: 59 80.8%
  • Weekly

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly (a little unlikely but just in case)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never (very unlikely)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every 3,000 miles or when I get bored, which ever comes first (-Hank Hill). Seriously though, about every other day.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to be quick my battery is on just 2%, the ultimate secret to a ultra long lasting battery is..................................
Also, the ultimate secret to get Siri on iPad to make you a pizza is....................................................
:D Right back on topic; this is on charging batteries, not pizza :)

hachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPhone 4S (now on iOS 6) was supplied by my employer and is used in my daily job so it gets used a lot so I charge it daily. It's rare that it gets below 70% even on my busiest days.

My iPad 3 (which is also supplied by my employer and also now on iOS 6) gets charged once every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes longer. Depends on how much I use it.

My daugther's iPad 2 goes on for days before she has to put it on a charge. She uses it every day - school work during the day and at night she watches Netflix or Hulu. I would say on average she charges it once every 3-4 days. The same goes with her iTouch.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
latr53 said:
Every day. I'm an ipad using fool.

Sometimes I have to charge it more than once a day. While it's charging I'm using one of my other iPads.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overnight, but it doesn't need it. I am usually around 75% or so by bedtime during the week, closer to 50% on the weekends(more free time to chill).
I do full run down/shut off charge cycles once a month just to keep stuff chugging along and percentages accurate, they say you should so I do.

OP
goofy8275

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On no, by battery is down to 100%:(

Time to run and get the charger before it dies!!! :(

image-494547357.jpg

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never put either iPhone 5 or iPad 3 on charge until they're down to 1% , this helps with conditioning the battery and maximises battery life , and they'll both last all day easily :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Drew wal said:
I never put either iPhone 5 or iPad 3 on charge until they're down to 1% , this helps with conditioning the battery and maximises battery life , and they'll both last all day easily :)

The iPad battery requires no conditioning. They can be charged at any point in the discharge cycle with no ill effects. The only reason it's recommended to run the battery down about once a month is to calibrate the battery percentage indicator.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/

Most reactions