What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How OCD are you about the battery level?

Beary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll charge when it's around 50%. But I'll do a full charge once a month when it drop till 15% :)
I always make sure my iPad 2 got battery too :)
Cheers!!

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
The current iPhone and iPad batteries have a smart circuit that shuts down current to the battery when it gets full. That is built into the battery itself.

What you show happening is pretty unusual. Likely because one of the cells leaked oxygen. It's lucky it did not catch fire.

So you think it might be a result of a flaw in manufacturing rather than over charging? You think perhaps he should return it to Apple?

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drathbun said:
So you think it might be a result of a flaw in manufacturing rather than over charging? You think perhaps he should return it to Apple?

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

It does not have to be a flaw as it could be a result of leaving the device in a hot car - where temperature can get to 160 in the sun - when the polymer layers melt you could have a similar situation. If it was never in extreme heat then maybe it is a flaw.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We have all three variants here and I never bother with charging now.
When it gets to 5% it lets you know, but it doesn't do any harm to let it completely run out.
I just charge every morning regardless of the state of the battery and haven't noticed any degradation in charge duration.

Most reactions

Latest posts