What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much u paying for 3G.?

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For 500 mb per month 370 rubles, roughly 14 dollars.

I could get a gig for 700 rubles or 4 gigs for 750 rubles, but the use? I think half a gig for browsing is plenty.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay - in the UK - £14.99 ($20) for unlimited.

I typically use about 6-10 GB/month.

Tim
Scotland

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
lol, praps not ask ;)

in the uk, if you dont opt for a fixed contract, you can get a month to month no ties package of 1GB for around £10. 1GB for most is ample. (unless your name is Tim of course) :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's moderating all these iPad Forum posts and keeping all you guys in order - fighting the good fight, separating good from evil, rescuing damsels in distress (SweetPoison) - oh, no - it's she that rescues me and saves me from making even more of a fool of myself than usual...:(

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More seriously, though, I don't have a good broadband connection and get a better data rate on my 3G - which is why it's so annoying that I can't download anything greater than 20 MB on my iPad 3G - please listen, Apple!!

Tim
Scotland

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's moderating all these iPad Forum posts and keeping all you guys in order - fighting the good fight, separating good from evil, rescuing damsels in distress (SweetPoison) - oh, no - it's she that rescues me and saves me from making even more of a fool of myself than usual...:(

Tim
Scotland

You are so funny, Tim! I will take all the rescuing I can get.;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol, praps not ask ;)

in the uk, if you dont opt for a fixed contract, you can get a month to month no ties package of 1GB for around £10. 1GB for most is ample. (unless your name is Tim of course) :)

Actually one of my biggest uses is streaming Internet radio with TuneIn when I'm out-and-about. It's a great app and seems able to stream indefinitely on 3G without any concerns for the 20 MB limit. If you're streaming at 128 kbps for hours on end, that usage figure soon shoots up.....

Tim

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was on £25 a month for 15GB of data when I first bought my iPad, cancelled the contract when I got wifi set up in my student house!

Will activate 3G again if my house next year come with no wifi!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Actually one of my biggest uses is streaming Internet radio with TuneIn when I'm out-and-about. It's a great app and seems able to stream indefinitely on 3G without any concerns for the 20 MB limit. If you're streaming at 128 kbps for hours on end, that usage figure soon shoots up.....

Tim

wow, i thought streaming internet radio was next to nothing. i stream radio all day every day, good job im on virgin cable.

thats useful to know when i'm away on location with my 3g service though. i'll do some download meter tests on it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

wow, i thought streaming internet radio was next to nothing. i stream radio all day every day, good job im on virgin cable.

thats useful to know when i'm away on location with my 3g service though. i'll do some download meter tests on it.

The latest update to TuneIn - released just last night in the UK - now contains a table that lists the volume of data that you've used in listening to the radio since you last reset it. You can, as you could before, choose a lower data rate and a correspondingly poorer quality of reproduction if the volume of data is an issue or you have a low bandwidth link.

I just think TuneIn is such a professionally engineered piece of software - everything about it just works as it should and is intuitive. A great piece of work at a great price too - and, no, I do not have any connection whatsoever with the developers...

If you're not on unlimited, it's probably something you'd rather not know....

Tim
Scotland

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
how about try a browser like mobile Oprah that compresses most of the site on it's own servers and provides you with a much much lower data output? something like this might suit radio streaming brilliantly.

Most reactions

Latest posts