1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How much time do you spend stating with your family together?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by freeb, Nov 13, 2012.

1. freeb

freeb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last weekend, my friend’s father died of advanced cancer. It was a strong shock for my friend because his father was just 56 years old. What he regrets most is that he is always busy with work and has little time to stay with his father. Thinking of myself, I also have less time to stay with my family. Looking at my friend, I think I should spare more time to stay with them. Anyway, parents are the closest people for children. I do not want to have many regrets as my friend.
    Guys, how much time do you spend stating with your family together?
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +787 / 0
    Not much. I'm a trucker, so I leave home on Monday morning and return home on Friday evening. I'm one of the lucky ones. A lot of OTR (over the road) truckers spend weeks away from home and family.

I like to make weekends count, to make up for the time spent away during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
  3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    My parents live in another state, but I make a point of seeing them frequently and taking them on trips. I do that a lot since they're retired and are still mobile. When they die or become infirm, I will not regret anything.

I'm also very close to my other family members. To me, family are way more important than friends, but maybe that's because I actually like most of my family members. The ones I dislike, I feel no obligation to see, lol.

I adore my husband, but we're independent and have our own hobbies. Luckily, we're really well matched.
  4. Otto8888

Otto8888 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Every day

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF GC = o7708888
  5. Ldsdad

Ldsdad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'm also a trucker, so Monday thru Friday I'm gone more often than not. I try to get my fill of "by myself" time during the week so that on the weekends I can spend as much as possible with my wife and kids. We have designated Sunday afternoon as "Family Home Evening." We make sure we're all home, and we do some activity together (and watching TV doesn't count!)