What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much memory will need ipad 3?

uzumlubay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two points though - you do not need to keep all your films on your device all of the time.
You can either do selective updates from Itunes or if you have a more modern OS you can keep addtional films in the Cloud.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two points though - you do not need to keep all your films on your device all of the time.
You can either do selective updates from Itunes or if you have a more modern OS you can keep addtional films in the Cloud.

Absolutely. In fact, I have taken to not keeping all of my apps on my iPad, as I have so many and some of them are very bloated. So I have taken to picking and choosing. It is easy to reinstall from the App store. Films and music are the same. More so with films because I usually need to wait several years before I can watch a film again after the second time.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much memory will need ipad 3 if I want to be me
max 20 games and 10 apps
4 gb music
50 photo and 20 video
and Surf internet?

As pointed out the Ipad 3 has a memory and storage. Since you're question is about memory (which BTW is used by the OS while running programs) "a resource monitor" might be used to answer it. However, I don't know if such a program is available for the Ipad 3.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I just wanted to say, even though he mentioned "memory" can't we just take it as "storage"? He might just mistakenly said it, why else would he say those other things if he only wanted to know about how much "memory" it would take? He would have rather said Hi-def cutting edge applications and what not, rather than saying those things that would in this case "take up space"... So let's just assume it's storage :p

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I just wanted to say, even though he mentioned "memory" can't we just take it as "storage"? He might just mistakenly said it, why else would he say those other things if he only wanted to know about how much "memory" it would take? He would have rather said Hi-def cutting edge applications and what not, rather than saying those things that would in this case "take up space"... So let's just assume it's storage :p

There is nothing wrong with the question because it is possible to run several programs thus requiring more usage of memory. But we have to be specific since the device has a storage and memory and they are not the same. This is pointed out by several responder already.

I have no objection to your suggestion but it will really depend on the op of the thread. Is what you have suggested really the one that the op really want to be answered?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
coolstuffs said:
As pointed out the Ipad 3 has a memory and storage. Since you're question is about memory (which BTW is used by the OS while running programs) "a resource monitor" might be used to answer it. However, I don't know if such a program is available for the Ipad 3.

This question is clearly about storage, not memory. Users don't need to concern themselves with memory on the iPad as they have no way to interact with or control it. The OS handles all of that just fine.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
coolstuffs said:
There is nothing wrong with the question because it is possible to run several programs thus requiring more usage of memory. But we have to be specific since the device has a storage and memory and they are not the same. This is pointed out by several responder already.

I have no objection to your suggestion but it will really depend on the op of the thread. Is what you have suggested really the one that the op really want to be answered?

Yes, it is. It is perfectly clear from the context.

Most reactions

Latest posts