What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much have you spent on your iPad so far?

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I initially planned to spend about a $1000 on my iPad 2 including some accessories, apps, games and taxes. So far Ive spent over $1200 and I plan to spend another $100 or so.

Heres my list so far:

iPad 2 64GB wifi black - $815
HDMI Cable for adapter - $34
Apple AV adapter - $51
Switch Easy Canvas - $65
Apple Black Leather Smart Cover - $35
Rain Design iRest Stand - $68
Fling Game Controllers 2 pack - $34
Switch Easy Cover Buddy - $40 (on order)

Power Support Anti-Glare - $40 (going to purchase soon)

$85 on apps and games

All prices are in Canadian dollars and usually include our hefty 13% sales tax.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'nother Ontarian here.

White 64 gig system. AV cable. Orange shower curtain thing.

Zagg iPad 2 keyboard case combo - 99.99

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist on ITunes: ten bucks.

Apps: I don't wanna know how much...$150?

Oh! And my stylus. Twenty bucks.

I'd say we're pretty par for the course! :)

OP
I

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipadlover29 - where did you get a leather Smart Cover for $35?

It was at the asian mall nearby its called the Pacific Mall think its suppose to be one of th largest in North America. Anyway I wasnt planning on getting it since I already had the canvas case but the guy said $35 cash no tax. I tried it out and it worked and its authentic. Ive seen others post they got it for $40 because of a pricing error at walmart.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bought the original iPad 64 3gwifi silver
The original apple black cover
2 useless screen files (now in the bin)
I spare power charger to take overseas
I camera memory stick adapter
About 100apps
235 e books
So far.........?

asatoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About $1000USD. ($1100 or so after taxes and shipping.)

iPad1 64GB+3G ($829)
Zaggmate keyboard ($100)
Zagg skin & screen protector ($40)
LogMeIn Ignition app ($30)

I'm using an Alicia Klein leather folio I received as a prize as a case for the iPad. ($0)

Primarily using the iPad for email and remote control of PCs and Macs (thus the purchase of LogMeIn Ignition, but also through free RDP & VNC apps.) I don't see purchasing much more at this time...unless someone releases an add-on camera for the iPad1. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asatoran said:
LogMeIn Ignition app ($30)

why would you buy logmein for $30 when there are many cheap and free, but still awesome, apps? You did say you use some free vnc apps but why logmein?

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 64 GB White - $750 (including tax) - originally wanted/ordered a 16GB white but it took too long and I was lied to several times by the store about the arrival date...luckily found a 64GB at Target!

A few styli to try out: Acase 2nd gen stylus ($14) and 2 stylus r us styli ($70 for both including shipping)

Magenta executive leather rooCASE portfolio: $44

And several apps...maybe $50 worth? I was lucky because most of my iPhone apps were universal apps so they synced over nicely and aren't just iPhone apps made larger!

I also bought a couple screen protectors, which I can't use bc they hinder stylus performance - $8 (they were cheapies from eBay, but pretty decent quality for the price).

I'll probably buy lots more apps. I have an app addiction! I'll spend hours on the app store and find tons of apps that I NEED. The app store is dangerous for impulse shoppers like me!

A little OT, but I have to bring it up! Today, we had a class to study for upcoming boards (nursing students) and I brought my iPad so I could utilize my cool note taking abilities. Everyone was in AWE of how I was taking neat looking handwritten notes on my iPad. Later, we had to stop at barnes and nobles to pick up a book...and my friend informed me that she was going to get a nook color because it was "exactly like the iPad but more reasonably priced" LMAO! I just looked at her and said, "Good luck with that one!" Seriously, I can't believe that people think that! Why else would so many people buy iPads if you could get the same thing for a fraction of the price? And she kept bragging about the office app that you can get on it...lol...too funny...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

asatoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
why would you buy logmein for $30 when there are many cheap and free, but still awesome, apps? You did say you use some free vnc apps but why logmein?

Because I was already using LogMeIn for many of my clients where configuring port forwarding is impractical or impossible. Or try to explain how to config port forwarding on a Linksys firewall to the panicing client at 10pm after they hard reset the firewall just like the "helpful" ISP customer support rep told them to when "fixing" the client's broadband...and the client is the type that doesn't know tge diff between left and right click. :O Been there, done that. LogMeIn doesn't need port forwarding like VNC & RDP and is always on unlike iChat and similar...and LogMeIn is free except for the IPad app. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asatoran said:
Because I was already using LogMeIn for many of my clients where configuring port forwarding is impractical or impossible. Or try to explain how to config port forwarding on a Linksys firewall to the panicing client at 10pm after they hard reset the firewall just like the "helpful" ISP customer support rep told them to when "fixing" the client's broadband...and the client is the type that doesn't know tge diff between left and right click. :O Been there, done that. LogMeIn doesn't need port forwarding like VNC & RDP and is always on unlike iChat and similar...and LogMeIn is free except for the IPad app. :)

Ok. Though I don't use port forwarding for jump desktop because it automatically gives my external ip to the iPad. Thought about something like that? I guess it's to late now... :)

asatoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asatoran said:

Ok. Though I don't use port forwarding for jump desktop because it automatically gives my external ip to the iPad. Thought about something like that? I guess it's to late now... :)

You'd only get the external IP addr if you don't have a hardware firewall between your computer and your DSL/cable model (or whatever you use for broadband.) Because if you did, you'd still need to configure port forwarding with Jump Desktop. (That is indicated in the Jump Desktop instructions.) And the port forwarding config gets complicated if you have more than one computer behind the same firewall. (Or you'd need a VPN.) These are the things I avoid with LogMeIn.

And the Jump Desktop app is not free either, although yes, it's $20 instead of $30.

And does Jump Desktop allow you to control the Mac or PC from something other than the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch? (Their website is unclear on this.) LogMeIn can control a Mac or PC using a web browser on another Mac or PC. It uses Java, which is not available on iOS, thus the need for the Ignition app. I'm not trying to devalue Jump Desktop and I'm not trying to be snarky or anything toward you. Just observing that while Jump Desktop is a good alternative, some of the features of LogMeIn that Jump Desktop does not have are why I'm using LogMeIn.

BTW, I use RDP & VNC over a VPN to my personal computers (because I'm comfortable doing so) with LogMeIn as a backup. LogMeIn is more for my clients to control their own computers without having to get their hands dirty with port forwarding and such. But when they need assistance, I can connect with their LogMeIn accounts and fix their computers.

Sorry, no sale on Jump Desktop for me. :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
too much! Apps are my biggest weakness! £100's I expect!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Too much, glad this was how much on ipad and not on apple, or even worse on computer stuff and gadgets :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts