What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much bandwidth do the navigation programs use?

donnyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 250 MB/month plan and was wondering how much of that would be used if I use my iPad as a gps/nav aid?
I just downloaded Waze and also NavFree.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you use an app like Navigon, you can D/L the maps you need at home on your Wi-Fi and that will use no data at all when you are using the app on the road.

OP
D

donnyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NavFree works that way, but Waze does not. Waze might be good to have, and turn on when needed, as it has traffic tie-ups, slow downs, and many other nice features.

Barnipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use max. 1 MB on a 40 minute drive using the Waze app. I use about 1 -2 MB per day on the road, your monthly plan of 250 MB should be sufficient for other use also. Waze is a great app/gps/traffic reporter! I update maps with Wifi at home. Advantage of Waze is that you can check your data usage per session.

Most reactions