What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people would buy a Seagate wireless hard drive for their iDevice?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
up. I have the Camera Kit, and can see shooting the day away with my DSLR and then copying them to the iPad via kit then to the drive and clearing my iPad. Yep, lots of ideas coming. Can do the same with my GoPro!

Say what you will on Seagate, the drive comes with a 3 year warranty. I dont expect it to be a backup or only copy drive. It will be a working drive. And no, I dont sell computer equipment in any way. Just giving my day-one quick review.[/QUOTE]

I realize this is an old thread but....I have the Seagate Wireless Plus and do find it a good working harddrive (I have Lacies now for my Macbook Pro) but as a photographer find it lacking from the standpoint of it not backing a RAW file--the format I shoot in. I have looked at WD My Passbook Wireless but still can't determine if it would allow a backup of RAW files--I don't want to upload a whole SD card but upload the SD to my Ipad Pro 12.7", select which files I wish to upload. I keep my SD cards and upload to my Macbook Pro via Lightroom at some point when home--but as I use my Ipad Pro more and more (I've had an Ipad since the first week or two and last year switched entirely to Apple from years of custom built Window PCs and have found the Pencil a terrific tool for photo processing in a number of apps) I find a need for a backup mobile drive for it when traveling. If anyone has experience with a drive that will accept a raw file, appreciate any info.

Diane Fields

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
up. I have the Camera Kit, and can see shooting the day away with my DSLR and then copying them to the iPad via kit then to the drive and clearing my iPad. Yep, lots of ideas coming. Can do the same with my GoPro!

Say what you will on Seagate, the drive comes with a 3 year warranty. I dont expect it to be a backup or only copy drive. It will be a working drive. And no, I dont sell computer equipment in any way. Just giving my day-one quick review.

I realize this is an old thread but....I have the Seagate Wireless Plus and do find it a good working harddrive (I have Lacies now for my Macbook Pro) but as a photographer find it lacking from the standpoint of it not backing a RAW file--the format I shoot in. I have looked at WD My Passbook Wireless but still can't determine if it would allow a backup of RAW files--I don't want to upload a whole SD card but upload the SD to my Ipad Pro 12.7", select which files I wish to upload. I keep my SD cards and upload to my Macbook Pro via Lightroom at some point when home--but as I use my Ipad Pro more and more (I've had an Ipad since the first week or two and last year switched entirely to Apple from years of custom built Window PCs and have found the Pencil a terrific tool for photo processing in a number of apps) I find a need for a backup mobile drive for it when traveling. If anyone has experience with a drive that will accept a raw file, appreciate any info.

Diane Fields[/QUOTE]
Thought I would update this--I did buy the WD MyPassbook Wireless and find it quite good--RAW, etc. It works via app as promised, I use it strictly as a bridge drive for travel but can then upload from it to my Macbook/external drives.

Most reactions

Latest posts