What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here actually use a screen protector?

Do you use a sreen protector?

• Yes

Votes: 49 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Not bothered - I see no real benefit

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blech.

Never had a screen protector and never wanted one. Don't like the touch/feel of them.
Same here. I dislike the feel of them; I prefer the smooth feel of the iPad's bare screen to the rougher surface of a screen protector.
Also, some screen protectors create air bubbles, which is not good visually.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad case has a built in screen protector, other than that I don't use screen protectors and haven't noticed any scratching on the screens of any of my devices.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I have a colleague who uses a screen protector and he quite possibly has the ugliest looking iPad on the planet.

Don't believe in them. When my device isn't in use, the smart cover is closed and the unit is in its carrying case.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a colleague who uses a screen protector and he quite possibly has the ugliest looking iPad on the planet.

Sounds like a co-worker of mine. His looks like someone ate fried chicken and then put on a blindfold before applying the screen protector. It looks so disgusting -- smeared and bubbly -- that I'd never want to touch it. Maybe it's supposed to be a theft deterrent, lol.

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the zagg invisible shield. iPad is not cheap and I'd like to keep it protected. I don't abuse it but I have a dog and he has claws. Sometimes I leave the cover open and I'd not like scratches. So far no issues but I'm not rich and don't want to have to replace the screen

daveison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it but my friend tell me to abandon it... she said it hurts your eye...- -! come on!

Wjmartin4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone Screen Protector

After my first iPhone 4 lasted for 6 months I had to buy a screen protector with my new iPhone. Instead of getting one of the clear stickers that go over the screen I decided to go with the Shell Shock G-Class from Cellairis. It's definitely the best iphone screen protector i've used yet. It has a body case that protects both the screen and the body from being scratched or damaged.

raylan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad stays home, so it doesn't get much abuse. If I don't drop it (or the cat sleeps on it), I'm unlikely to need a screen protector. However, both iPhones have cases to protect both the screen and the device itself (Otterbox).

Most reactions