What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here actually use a screen protector?

Do you use a sreen protector?

• Yes

Votes: 49 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Not bothered - I see no real benefit

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tahlzair said:
I got a Moshi one too, it's the iVisor XT. Install was extremely easy with zero bubbling. I do feel, however, that my fingers glide less easily with this than with the SGP Ultra Crystal I had before.

That's the one I have. I really like it. I agree that installation was super easy, even for me who always seems to mess screen protectors up. I am really impressed by it, happy to have found it.

Reaction score
I do, after my last iPad one broke from a fall, I had insurance to replace it, and my mom turned the broken iPad in, and they gave us a new one with a screen protector for free in just a couple days :)

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see any advantage to using one, as it will only get as scratched up and cloudy looking as some seem to think the original screen will be if they don't use one. I did, however, buy a nice little brush from Lenspen, called the Sidekick, which is used to clean the screen and leaves it looking brand new.

newfoundtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, cause I use it day in and out of the university and hospital, but I do agree that it takes away the beauty of the screen! Does anyone have a screen protector that doesn't compromise the touch sensitivity and crisp of the retina display? That would solve all problems.

mrrefloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use screen protectors on any of our iDevices. Not even on the kid's iTouches.
Gorilla glass has a hardness of 9 on the Mohs hardness scale. The glass on our iPads is basically has hard as a sapphire. If you remember from your middle school science class diamond has a Mohs hardness of 10. Regular glass has a Mohs hardness of about 7.
Unless you use your iPad at the beach I wouldn't sacrifice the clarity and smoothness by adding a screen protector.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bumbica said:
I just installed on (and pretty pricey at that) but I'm not crazy about it. Supposed to be a good one too but takes away so much from the beauty of the screen.
But, I really don't like how iPad screen is really a fingerprint glue and that annoyes me! The good thing about this particular screen protector is that's anti fingerprint and anti glare and for that it really works great for that (and I bet it would protect the sceen from scratches) but as I said, the screen looks so much less attractive!
So it's basically a question of cost/benefit ratio.
Not sure if I'll keep it!

The entire point of the iPad is the screen. To cover it up is just more than I can tolerate and lessens my enjoyment of it. I keep microfiber cloths around and I keep it in a case. I expect the screen to be as new when I sell this one for the next one (or I may keep it and have two).

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The entire point of the iPad is the screen. To cover it up is just more than I can tolerate and lessens my enjoyment of it. I keep microfiber cloths around and I keep it in a case. I expect the screen to be as new when I sell this one for the next one (or I may keep it and have two).

Agree. If the choice is between wiping the screen frequently or sacrificing screen clarity with a screen protector, wiping is an easy choice for me. I can be lazy and anal, but not so much that I can't wipe or that I can't put up with some smudges even when I'm too lazy to wipe, lol.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone, so practically every inch of it is protected. On my iPad I have a case for it but there is nothing on the screen. I've had my iPad for very nearly a year and I have no scratches on it yet! *knocks on wood*

CFster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a GLAS.t tempered glass screen protector for my iPhone and it's fantastic. Absolutely no image degradation. I might try one on my iPad.

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a screen protector on my iPhone, not on my iPad. I bought a pack and tried one, just didn't find the screen as receptive. I keep a bunch of microfiber and eyeglass cleaning cloths around.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jpatienza said:
I use a matte screen protector for my ipad. It lessens the glare and it much smoother to swipe on the screen. I have it installed since day one and i dont have a problem about it. I also use a speck hd pixel wrap so my ipad is protected from the elements.

I sold my ipad 2 and got an ipad 3. I didnt install any screen protector this time. Looks better. I love the retina display.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still using the iPad 1 that I bought 2 years ago. It gets heavy daily use and I carry it with me wherever I go.. I've never had a protector on it and don't have any scratches. I'm not sure if I've been lucky or if being careful paid off. :)

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since I have a case, for me, a screen protector's just overkill.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not me. My iPad is used mainly at home, by me personally, a 38yo work from home mom of older kids. It is kept inside an Oberon leather folio type binder and is put ontop of a fridge when not in my hand. Both my boys have their own iPods and my hubby has a laptop. I see no reason for a screen protector. I think it depends on the device really. My garmin sportswatch touchscreen has a screen protector, for some reason I always scratch my watches!

Most reactions

Latest posts