What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here actually use a screen protector?

Do you use a sreen protector?

• Yes

Votes: 49 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Not bothered - I see no real benefit

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters

hd107a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use one. I figure I'll get the new one before the screen wears out. The screen already has a protective coating on it, why put another one on! Has anyone ever seen a screen wear out? I suppose there is a minimal chance it could get scratched but I'll take that chance.

Stylish 1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried but could not stand the air bubbles. Don't bother with the tricks to get rid of air bubblrs, I tried them all.. They do not work. My bare screen is just fine. I clean it with nice and clean electronic screen wipes and it's just fine.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had my iPad for a month now and didn't think I would put a screen protector on it as i heard the glass was super strong and i didn't want to compromise the retina quality display by covering it with a bit of plastic. However, tonight with the iPad switched off I noticed a very fine hair like scratch near the camera. It's not deep enough to feel and I have no idea how it happened as I am super gentle with it. It can only be seen it certain light / angles with the screen off but I am mortified!
My iPad lives in a leather folio case and only stays indoors, I wipe it gently with a micro-fibre cloth when it gets a little smudged from finger prints.

Tonight I have ordered a couple of screen protectors an I'll be fitting them as soon as they arrive!

stevo8523

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my ipad 3 everywhere so I pretty much have to use one. I use the Zagg for HD screens. No bubbles when I installed it. Works pretty well. My only gripe is the rubber feel of the touchscreen that Zagg is known for.

rockerchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a screen protector for my iPad. I love it because I don't have to constantly wipe the screen from the marks left by the smart pad cover. Also it keeps the coating in the screen longer. And easy to remove my daughters sticky finger prints.

blackice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got one on mine and I love it. I spent the money and got the HD Zagg Shield and had the guy at Best Buy put it on. It took him three tries but each time he messed up he just took another one off the shelf until it was on right.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blackice said:
I've got one on mine and I love it. I spent the money and got the HD Zagg Shield and had the guy at Best Buy put it on. It took him three tries but each time he messed up he just took another one off the shelf until it was on right.

What a good idea to get the shop guy to put it on!

However, I don't use a commercial screen protector as such but have fixed a sheet of clear acetate over it, cut to size. I attached it with four tiny strips of Sellotape, one at each corner & the cover also helps holds it in place.

This is the same clear acetate that's used for presentations on an overhead projector & can be bought in packs of 250ish x A4 here in UK. I read the tip about the acetate somewhere on this forum when I first joined but haven't found it again since... Think the member who used it secured it with blutack or rubber cement & tiny blobs of each corner. I just didn't have any of those handy, so substituted the tape.

I use the iPad for artwork & for that prefer to use a Jot Pro stylus (with the odd-looking circular plastic disc round the point). I found the original screen was very slippery & wanted to give it a bit of bite. The acetate gives that, more so as the acetate gets worn in use (it's been at least 6/8 weeks so far & looks like it would last for ages yet).

I can be quite rough when handling it because it can be replaced easily & cheaply. I clean it with a touch of spectacle lens spray & a scrub with a tissue (nether of which I would use on the screen itself!)

There is no effect on any of the touch sensitivity except just in one place--the home button, which needs a slightly firmer dab. No affect on the visuals either, so I'll keep going with it on. An added bonus is that I can eat bread & honey while using it & not worry about the drips..... (yeah, that happened, I'm ashamed to admit! Came up nice & clean after a remorseful scrub:)

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a matte screen protector for my ipad. It lessens the glare and it much smoother to swipe on the screen. I have it installed since day one and i dont have a problem about it. I also use a speck hd pixel wrap so my ipad is protected from the elements.

Bumbica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed on (and pretty pricey at that) but I'm not crazy about it. Supposed to be a good one too but takes away so much from the beauty of the screen.
But, I really don't like how iPad screen is really a fingerprint glue and that annoyes me! The good thing about this particular screen protector is that's anti fingerprint and anti glare and for that it really works great for that (and I bet it would protect the sceen from scratches) but as I said, the screen looks so much less attractive!
So it's basically a question of cost/benefit ratio.
Not sure if I'll keep it!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually just got the New moshi screen protector that has NO bubbles and does not affect te retina display at all. Highly recommended!!!

Tahlzair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
applechick said:
I actually just got the New moshi screen protector that has NO bubbles and does not affect te retina display at all. Highly recommended!!!

I got a Moshi one too, it's the iVisor XT. Install was extremely easy with zero bubbling. I do feel, however, that my fingers glide less easily with this than with the SGP Ultra Crystal I had before.

Most reactions

Latest posts