What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here actually use a screen protector?

Do you use a sreen protector?

• Yes

Votes: 49 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Not bothered - I see no real benefit

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use one. I use the incipio feather cover for the back and the apple smart cover for the screen.

Sent from my iPad 3

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to have one for my iPad 1, but it took away from the beauty of the screen. For my iPad 3, apples smart cover is all I need.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did on iPad1. Installed one initially own new iPad. Removed it, glad I did. Transparent or not they detract from the crispness of the display and create more drag for a stylus and/or finger. Strictly my opinion.

I keep nice'n clean wipes in my desk and clean the screen once a day and I am quite happy.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From day 1. iPad 2 is a year old now and still on the original screen protector.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blech.

Never had a screen protector and never wanted one. Don't like the touch/feel of them.

I had the iPad1 for about 18 months without one with zero issues. Going for the same time frame (or longer) on the new iPad...

As always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
youngun

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, there was a really detailed response from a member about screen protectors, but its gone from this thread? what happened?

rdaniel1635

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No screen protector, I hate them although have to have one on my phone because of the abuse. My iPad stays at home and goes on trips, really no reason for one IMO..

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go back and forth. I prefer without one but I'm scared of scratches so I go through periods of not having one, then I put one on for a while.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
I have zagg shield on mine. I always keep it in a cover but I have no desire to scratch that screen

Zagg is my favorite

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a screen cover on mine...makes my screen kind of old when I it turned off. I guess I was worried about scratching the glass...but seems like a lot of members do not use one and have been fine without it.

I was going to put one on my mom's but just the hassle of getting the screen on perfectly takes a lot of time and sometimes buying another because of personal screw up!

Most reactions

Latest posts