What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you have Jailbroken your AppleTV?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I had that happen too Gabe. Couldn't see a reason, but it took perfectly well on the second attempt...

Thanks......I'll give it another go today.......everything is now crossed!

The Archangel

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've jailborken my apple tv 2 , on the lateset version using seas0npass.
It is a free jailbreak, it might be harder than atv flash but its free and you can get xbmc and other cool stuff
So i think atv flash is really the same as other jailbreak applications

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I'm using my Appletv all the time now, I think XBMC is the main reason for this, it's just so easy to use!!

Thanks for everyone's feedback, keep coming back and updating us on your uses, especially if you find a 'can't live without' app your using on it!

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AppleTV is one of the reasons for buying an iPad in my book. :)

What is the additional functionality you get after jailbreaking please?

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
janner43 said:
AppleTV is one of the reasons for buying an iPad in my book. :)

What is the additional functionality you get after jailbreaking please?

One of the benefits is that you can install XBMC
XBMC (for me) is actually just sharing my computer dvd rom and hard drive. So i can watch movies..

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the benefits is that you can install XBMC
XBMC (for me) is actually just sharing my computer dvd rom and hard drive. So i can watch movies..

I see. Thank you. As I am completely "post PC" that is of little value to me :)

I was really wondering about the various "catch up TV" services in the UK, such as iPlayer, ITVplayer, 4OD...

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How's everyone getting on with there apple tvs then is the 3rd gen any good thinking about buying one got to be worth a shot at 100 pound:)

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I see. Thank you. As I am completely "post PC" that is of little value to me :)

I was really wondering about the various "catch up TV" services in the UK, such as iPlayer, ITVplayer, 4OD...

@Janner43, if you check the Jailbreaking section, f4780y and myself have done quite a few stickies of walkthroughs to Jailbreaking the AppleTV and adding the above UK services, trust me, if I can do it anyone can, the directions are really basic, I dont think anyone will struggle. You can always come back and ask as many questions as you feel necessary.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-appletv-2g-seas0npass.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...v-player-your-jailbroken-appletv-uk-only.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...i-player-your-jailbroken-appletv-uk-only.html

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am very new to Apple TV like this week new!! What are the advantages of jail breaking it??

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts