What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many iPad users are iPhone users as well?

Do you own an iPhone as well as an iPad?

• iPad and iPhone

Votes: 93 74.4%
  • iPad only

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice idea for a Poll question, Followthesapper!

I don't have an iPhone...yet, but sure if it is offered on my plan i'll nab one. I had several other Apple prods before the iPad, but really the iPad was the the one that launched me towards really liking Apple completely. Like Leelai, my next laptop will be an apple one as well.

Thanks, Skimonkey! Five cities, three countries, two weeks. Some business, some pleasure. Glad to be home.

Glad you are back, KayKayKay--3 countries in 2 weeks--crazy schedule! You certainly were missed here! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I own two iPad 2's an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4s.

Last edited:

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Original iPhone was my first smart phone, then 3GS, now 4s, I tend to skip a generation. Original iPad, now the new iPad. Love the way devices work together.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both WI-FI & 3G on my iPad, so am paying $20/month data plan (grandfathered). Would like to have an iPhone but don't want to pay another $30/month for the iPhone data charge. Otherwise would love to have both.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the i4 and the ipad1. Now own a new (as of last week) 3rd generation, and I preordered the 4S back in the fall. Both magnificent devices.

ChristianPerello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4. Could not justify spending the extra hundred bucks for the 4s or the iPad 3.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hotelmrrsn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 wifi only and an HTC Thunderbolt that i use as my personal 4G hotspot, no way i could think about switching to an iPhone until a 4G model is available; it would be like going from cable internet to dial up :-/.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ipad 1 and 2,followed by the iphone 4.Ipad and Iphone goes hand in hand.You can't have the one without the other.It's like owing a car without a key,no good.Hehehe

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4. Could not justify spending the extra hundred bucks for the 4s or the iPad 3.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPhone 4 is a good phone. The main diffs I found with 4S were better reception and louder volume. I found Siri lame and didn't use it after a few days of goofing around. I did like having 64GBs on 4S, though.

I opted not to get a new ipad, either. I didn't find need with ipad 1 and 2, touch 4 and iphone 4S. I gave my iphone 4 to my husband and he barely uses it, as with his ipad 1.

At this point, I'm not sure what Apple could come up with to tempt me. Maybe a phablet.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had a Droid X, it was pretty good. When the iPhone came to Verizon I resisted for a while, but finally switched. Happy now, and looking forward to seeing what the next iPhone brings. My contract is up, so I might (probably will) upgrade.

Reasons:

• Compatibility with the iPad and my iMac.
  • Got tired of fiddling. It always felt like I had to tweak it, even when there really wasn't a good reason.
  • A constant trickle of UI annoyances and inconsistencies in the apps themselves

The last two items are probably much better with the newer Android phones and a more mature market, but I've no incentive to switch back and lots of time/money investment in my current collection of apps.

OP
followthesapper

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
^^That's the thing for me now. I am starting to build up a nice collection of apps for my Pad, a lot of which have no Android version (at the moment).

My Galaxy S2 is getting used less and less as a smartphone. But still can't see me getting an iPhone unless the next has a bigger screen, at least 4.3".

mannyberrios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel said:
Ipad 1 and 2,followed by the iphone 4.Ipad and Iphone goes hand in hand.You can't have the one without the other.It's like owing a car without a key,no good.Hehehe

I agree

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had several other Apple prods before the iPad, but really the iPad was the the one that launched me towards really liking Apple completely.

Ditto.
I had owned and used Mac since I was a kid, I also owned iPod classic. When iPhone 1st generation released I was skeptical at iOS.
iPhone3G and iPhone3GS also still failed to impressed me.
Ipad was the one that changed me completely into falling in love with iOS.
After I do owned an iPad and found myself like it very much, I finally can't resist anymore and also end up buying an iPhone4s as well :)

Most reactions

Latest posts