What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many iPad users are iPhone users as well?

Do you own an iPhone as well as an iPad?

• iPad and iPhone

Votes: 93 74.4%
  • iPad only

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I own an iPad and love it, wouldn't be without it now, but... I don't think I could bring myself to use an iPhone.

I like my Android too much:thumbs:

Just wondered what percentage of iPad owners are iPhone owners as well?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea for a poll. I was a longtime droider but made the switch when the 4s came out. Things I miss, but am very happy being fully immersed in the mobile IOS ecosystem now.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got the iPhone 4S because I had the iPad. It's as if the iPad was my gateway Apple device! I've never had a smart phone before. Don't really use it as a phone as it's more a device to access the Internet while out and about. Regardless, it's a marvelous little gadget ... as is the iPad. Having the two together is just great.

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went from three generations of iPhone (last was 4S) to a Samsung Galaxy Note. Both are good phones, with pluses and minuses. Just depends on user preference.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried to like the Galaxy phones but just could not make the switch. The near seamless integration between the two devices makes the decision easy for me to stay with the iPhone.

We do development work on both platforms and I've encouraged my guys to carry what they are most comfortable with. At this point in time the count is 24 iPhones, 3 Android phones. We buy virtually every new model for testing, so they can try first before they decide what they want to carry.

All of us carry iPads, though we have Android tablets available as well - none have opted to keep any of the Android tablets as personal devices.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One nice thing about iPhones is how common they are. I just returned from overseas and was using a friend's hand-me-down 4S (he switched to an Android phone and both my phones are locked) and it was nice to use a phone I was already familiar with and was able to easily load my stuff onto quickly and wipe when done. Then on a return flight, one of my seat mates asked to borrow my iPad charger to charge her iPhone during the flight. At work, I leave an iDevice charger in a drawer and people are free to borrow whenever needed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@ KayKayKay-you're back! I was wondering if you were gone on business! Nice to see you back!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ KayKayKay-you're back! I was wondering if you were gone on business! Nice to see you back!

Thanks, Skimonkey! Five cities, three countries, two weeks. Some business, some pleasure. Glad to be home.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great idea for a Poll followthesapper!

I have an iPhone 3GS and it opened up the world of Apple to me. I was so surprised how easy it was and amazed at how much I loved it.

So I just had to get an iPad but waited for the pad2 and now love this even more. My iPhone has now just become that, a phone to me, but I wouldn't have any other phone and plan on upgrading very soon.

Also purchased a MacBook pro and now am fully immersed in the Apple world!

digitg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iPad only because if its screen - otherwise would stick with an android tablet. I prefer Android by a large stretch, most likely because that's how I got started on smart phones. Ontop, Apple is far too expensive and retrictive.

scotttnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched from a Galaxy S2 to an iPhone 4S after getting an iPad. There are definately things I like better about the S2 (the screen!!) but what I really want is simple interoperability between the devices and services I and my family use, and the iPad/iPhone combo give me that.

XcRacer450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraged my iPhone 3G to the 4s last Fall. Upgraded my iPad 2 to the new iPad when it came out. Now it's time to ditch the ol' PC for the new iMac 27". Life will be good!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Life is good! I started with an iPod Touch, then I just had to have the 3GS. I had to have the iPad 1. Then I gave my 3GS to hubby and got the 4. Next I gave my iPad 1 to daughter and now proudly own the new iPad. Have to say that I use the phone for beautiful photos and connectivity for when I'm not at home as the new iPad is wifi. Love photo stream for this very purpose.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Gypsyquilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great combo, just upgraded from iPad 1 to third generation and have iPhone 4 and wish I had waited for 4s. Both sync to my iMac. Just 4 years ago I had never touched Apple product.

Most reactions

Latest posts