What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many iPad cases does it take to live your life...?

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before you respond with "My wife has 15 purses & they all do the same thing!" indulge me for a moment.

I'm a professional photographer & I travel to South Africa & Tokyo often on shoot assignments on location. I also do the corporate thing by day & the Coffee house art circuit in between.

My case adjustments occur on practical reasons for the situation/condition.

The answer to how many cases does it take to live my life?... (3)

1. Hard Candy Street Gear (Hard Rubberized/ protective faceplate & backing for on location shooting in the field)
2. Black Gel Case (Basic coffee house/lifestyle chillin')
3. The Apple fold-able/stand-able black svelte case (for the office/meetings & data capture)

So what's your number? Let the games begin...:D

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it depends on if my iPad has a date or not, what it is wearing ;)
I only have one right now, so that's what I use. The darn thing alone, sucked me dry. If I got more accessories for it, the wife might hang me. So I am trying my best to lay low for a bit.

Last edited:
OP
I

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I got more accessories for it, the wife might hang me. So I am trying my best to lay low for a bit.

There's always the old..."I was the 100th iPad user to download the ____ (fill in the blank) app & I got a free case for the iPad" routine.

After she rolls her eyes & walks away in disgust, click "add to cart" & realize she knew you'd lie about it before you did :D.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One is good for me, I just expect it to be the perfect one, a combo of both form and beauty.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before you respond with "My wife has 15 purses & they all do the same thing!" indulge me for a moment.

I'm a professional photographer & I travel to South Africa & Tokyo often on shoot assignments on location. I also do the corporate thing by day & the Coffee house art circuit in between.

My case adjustments occur on practical reasons for the situation/condition.

The answer to how many cases does it take to live my life?... (3)

1. Hard Candy Street Gear (Hard Rubberized/ protective faceplate & backing for on location shooting in the field)
2. Black Gel Case (Basic coffee house/lifestyle chillin')
3. The Apple fold-able/stand-able black svelte case (for the office/meetings & data capture)

So what's your number? Let the games begin...:D

Isaac let say personally, not as a developer for iPad products:

1) city bag for go around meet customer or to dinner
2) Cover (or case if you prefer) for don’t show it nude and protect the shape against scratch
3) *neoprene bag for go to the bar near to me or to the swimming pool (here our weather permit that 300 day/year)

* soon this will be replaced by our silicone case with splash protection

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I am sticking to the Apple case and the Incase Travel kit for now. But once the accessory market settles down I will pick up some other cases and bags. I like the idea of having some options. My wife likes the Lucky case at the Ape store. I have a black leather Coach portfolio I use for business, it would be nice if Coach came out twith an iPad portfolio.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I got more accessories for it, the wife might hang me. So I am trying my best to lay low for a bit.

There's always the old..."I was the 100th iPad user to download the ____ (fill in the blank) app & I got a free case for the iPad" routine.

After she rolls her eyes & walks away in disgust, click "add to cart" & realize she knew you'd lie about it before you did :D.

my wife and i had this joke about the book store and the quilt supply shop and it went like this ..if i spent a $.100.oo dollars in the book store she got to spend a $.100.oo in the quilt supply store and that how we handle that mess ..

after she pass i found a letter in her things about something we had talked about in our marraige ..she had written to a friend in another state she was telling her friend the secert of our money deal who was haveing problems .

to this day i have that letter under picture frame glass at my house .. she tells her friend the so called the secert rules of marriage she had listed out the diff things that can and should be done to keep the marriage alive and heathly at times..when people read the rules they say that a smart women and to them i tell them this statement ..my father used to say she was the brains of our marriage and i was the muscle of the marriage ..he would tell people that if you find something that works like that and can think like ..you should marrie them for you never have a problem in your life that you two can not solve ..

OP
I

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A beautiful tale Henry2...

I have a similar deal except instead of a quilt store...it's a Scrap-booking Store!

Cheers!

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my wife and i had this joke about the book store and the quilt supply shop and it went like this ..if i spent a $.100.oo dollars in the book store she got to spend a $.100.oo in the quilt supply store and that how we handle that mess ..

LOL, we do that with guns. I told him if I could buy the pistol I wanted he could get the rifle he wanted. Everyone was happy.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
turn me lose inside a good book store you should take my credit card away from me and mail it back to me on a monday morning so i do not get into trouble..

i have my rifles and pistol for hunting and self defense use ..but it allways been book stores with me that got me to open my wallet to spend money ..

when i would be out on the road a lot of times in the miltiary my wife would make bets with the other wifes that i can tell you where my husband been today when out of town.. the new wifes would allways bet her ..the older circle of the wives would tell them not to your going to lose this one ..she would ask me what did you do today when you where off base today ..i told i went and got something to eat and went to the bookstore i found and then went to the px to pick up things i need for the comeing week ..she ok i love you and here the kid talk to her for a few mins as she went to collect the money from the wives who bet her ..she tell them that i was like a clock work when i was away from the house ..bookstore something to eat out in town ..then to the px for items i would need and a movie on sat night at the base movie house and off to bed back at the barracks room ..

ritchdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Folder

At first I am sticking to the Apple case and the Incase Travel kit for now. But once the accessory market settles down I will pick up some other cases and bags. I like the idea of having some options. My wife likes the Lucky case at the Ape store. I have a black leather Coach portfolio I use for business, it would be nice if Coach came out twith an iPad portfolio.

IPAD CASES

I think this will be a great case.

I ordered the brown magnetic one.
will not ship until the end of the month.

not a bad price either
they get great reviews on their cases

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of areas that I have a tendency to spend, but mainly tool stores.

Most reactions

Latest posts