What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many had no problem getting/using IOS5?

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS5 this morning, with no problems at all. The option to backup to iCloud was not taken by me. Everything seems to be working very well.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could say I had zero problems, but fortunately I had only a few. The biggest thing is that everything took a long time, more than 4 hours, using iTunes Windows and XP Professional, updating a first gen iPad.

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was easy, but leaving it alone for 2 hrs was hard. There was a stretch of 45 minutes where it seemed to be hung.
On the other hand, I spent 3 hrs today why none of my computers, iPad and Kindle would not browse the internet but email and everything else (including iCloud) were OK. It seemed like a DNS failure. After calling Comcast, they said there were no outages, I reset and restored the router from a backup. Everything works now, but was mysterious.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had no problems with mine. I waited until 1am here in the Philippines and when the update showed up on iTunes I downloaded it immediately. I saw "2 hours remaining" so I just slept through the whole process. When I woke up a few hours later its done! I just set it up with a few taps and its all good.

By the way, I restored my iPad2 a few days earlier so I guess that had something to do with the smooth transition.

Most reactions