What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many GB??

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 64 but doubt I will ever use all of that. I'd recommend the 32gb IMO.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
I have 32 and it's not enough. I have to decide which apps I want on it and which music.

It depends on how you use it, but I have 20Gb of apps and 70Gb of music. You can't increase storage so buy bigger rather than smaller but until you get one it is very difficult to know. Games can be 1Gb if they have good graphics, CoPilot Europe is 2Gb, most apps are a lot smaller. Videos are also large.

Unfortunatly, you won't know what you want until you start using it so some people find 32 plenty, others find 64 to small, 16 is usualy regretted. YMMV

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We debated between 32 and 64 as well before deciding on 64. By the time we put all our music and pics on, and added over 300 apps we've got 15GB left. Keep in mind, most users almost certainly add new music/pics/apps without subtracting. IMO it's better to go bigger.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have a question...
How many Giga Bytes should I take for the
iPad 2?

No one can answer your question without knowing more about your use and willingness to manage space on the iPad. 32 gigs appears to be a "sweet spot" for most users. In my case, I decided to change my order from 32 to 64 gigs before the iPad was delivered simply because I knew I wouldn't be able to increase the storage after purchase.

Many users report that 16 gigs is perfectly acceptable. But some qualify that by saying that they pay attention to what they put on the iPad and manage the space. If you don't want to do that, better to go with more than less.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The most you can afford; which is my advice on any electronic that comes with memory or storage.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was also looking at the 32GB and 64GB models and I ended up going for the 64GB. The way I looked at it is it was $100 more for double the storage and I was comfortable spending that much so I went for it. I'd rather have too much space than not enough.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 64GB version but also I have over 30GB just in music alone and that was the factor to make me buy the 64GB version!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another full-tilt 64g3 here as well. I could have easily got away with a 32 although the differential price made the 64 more logical. I plan on upgrading as often as I can afford it, so someone in my circle wins.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32 GB here. I have an iPod for music so that frees up about 50GB of potential space requirements and even with plenty of apps and a couple of movies and heaps of books I can't see even coming close to filling the iPad.

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started with 16. Got a deal on a 64 and sold the 16. Not for space issues, but now I don't even think about it.

Most reactions