What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many books can be held in a 32gb iPad?

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole problem as I see it with cloud or non local storage, is this - no Internet connection no files. That's the biggest reason I don't use the cloud and don't like iBooks (which doesn't allow local transfer of book files off my iPad/iPod) for important files on my computer and the reason I use a USB hard drive. If some clown destroys a piece of hardware relating to your Internet connection, accidental or otherwise and you're offline for days or weeks you're skewered.

iBooks which comes with iPods and the iPad can display PDF files, I have quite a few stored on my machine.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a book a week type of guy...Thus, the cost of the Kindle downloads are getting pretty steep...LOL

There is an app called the OverDrive Media Console. This is the system that most public libraries use to check out electronic publications. Although the OverDrive system has been around for quite some time, it has only been in the last few weeks that they have developed an app for Apple mobile devices.

Here is more information from their website -- OverDrive - Reading eBooks on Your iPad? Check Out Your Local Library.

The system allows you to check out books directly to your iPad. Depending on the book, you can check them out for 7, 14 or 21 days. Of course the app is free, but you need to have patron privileges at your library in order to use it.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
There is an app called the OverDrive Media Console. This is the system that most public libraries use to check out electronic publications. Although the OverDrive system has been around for quite some time, it has only been in the last few weeks that they have developed an app for Apple mobile devices.

Here is more information from their website -- OverDrive - Reading eBooks on Your iPad? Check Out Your Local Library.

The system allows you to check out books directly to your iPad. Depending on the book, you can check them out for 7, 14 or 21 days. Of course the app is free, but you need to have patron privileges at your library in order to use it.

This is exactly what I do. I can't afford to buy all that I read. The majority of my books are from the library. The rest (ones I can't get at the library) I get on my Nook or Nook app.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I CAN read, but I am feeling a little intimidated because it takes me a month to read a book. I'm not an idiot or anything, but finding the time to sit down for more than 15 minutes seems to be my problem. My hat is off to all you folks that read this much, it is something to be admired!

Try reading in bed then....:p

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not an idiot or anything, but finding the time to sit down for more than 15 minutes seems to be my problem. My hat is off to all you folks that read this much, it is something to be admired!

Try reading in bed then....:p

Or maybe it's a matter of finding something that you enjoy reading about.

Most reactions