What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many are jumping ship? I am Weary of the hunt for ipad2 going to Xoom Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to the apple store one hour early there was only 2 people in line. So I said hey I'll go get a coffee.

came back the the line was around the corner.

early bird ...

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
Who knows? He stopped reading this thread after Post #5!

Maybe he went back to stand in line!

POOOF!!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always get what I want. If I have the money, I'm getting it. No backing down. I had the opp to buy a 32 white wifi instead of 64. I couldn't do it. (clearly, I could have swapped it but with untold inventory and no car, I couldn't risk it.) I ordered on launch date but I won't get mine til almost may. Am I happy? No! Am I mad? No! Anything 10 million ppl want is worth waiting for. But I will take that free apple care up there for my patience.

OP
M

MarkAugie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the information… wow, I didn’t see one post for someone who was jumping ship!
I won’t cancel my backorder for the ipad2… You guys are probably right…. No one stands in line that long for a product, unless it rocks.
I’m still going to pick up the Xoom tomorrow. Strange, Staples is selling them before the release date. I could have picked one up today. I can put both tablets to good use. (Grandchildren -> angry birds:)
PS
I particularly enjoyed the video of the lines in London. I definitely would not have waited through that line! Then again… those darn Brits are buying my ipad2 :)
Thanx,

KneeDragr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You all are crazy standing in line IMO. I found the exact model I was looking for pretty quickly using those inventory searchers. Just run a search every couple hours and see what pops up. It only takes 20 seconds to run a search.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the original poster is trolling - a mod should close this post imo.

Last edited:

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered/ reserved my Ipad 2 at Bedtbuy on March 12 and still playing the waiting game! They said they would call when it came in. Idk, we will see. I'm really sick of waiting! I feel like I want to jump ship too! Their really pissing me off (Apple) that is. How can they release internationally and not fufill orders here in the U.S.?

astaclub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK here is my 2cents. I live in Portland too.
Firstly about the xoom:
It is (as per my opnion) a semi good device, has android, and most of the things but when you see it side by side with IPAD2 it fails to attract. IPad2 does not support flash, so as xoom (yet). I had gone and seen both and Ipad2 is a clear winner.
About Ipad2:
definately a good device but only 85% completed, customers are customers and they will buy whatever they want but ipad2 somehow cheat people in some way. Again the device is good and could have been great if flash and USB or even thundebolt may have been included, I just cant justified Apple's decision for not putting USB/thunderbolt, for flash, it could be some other reasons virus/commercial pact.

Having said that, though i have tried so many times ringing bestbuy/target/walmart/apple store/online inventory but none in stock. I would hate to be in queue for long as he is right that Apple should have made delivery available. But I think Apple always had enough supply and it is just a strategy for keep making product sale high. I am also a strategiest and I would do the same. Steve Jobs could not gain enough due to Japan quake but he has still done the good to keep the sale atleat untill June.
So, My advice too you---dont buy a xoom. non-availability of Ipad2 does not mate xoom better.
However, i would advice you to wait few more weeks for better tablets to come.
LG Gslate is coming son 8th June and so as Samsung 10.1 and also the panasonic. these three devices are going to give a run for money to Ipad2 no doubt...

As far as my own Ipad2 is concern, i have given up ipad2 search and even if i get one now, i wont buy it and will wait for G-Slate/samsung/Toshiba and Panasonic as they are definately better product that Ipad2.

cheers

astaclub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 :ipad-case:
I dont think so, i think it was a genuine question/feeling he had and he wasnted to ask the experts from Ipad and only place where so many ipad expert are available is this one.
I feel that this thread must have given him the strong message on why ipad2 is better than xoom and he has not cancelled his order,
And thats the success for this forum:D

my opinion (can be completely different with yours)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 :ipad-case:
I dont think so, i think it was a genuine question/feeling he had and he wasnted to ask the experts from Ipad and only place where so many ipad expert are available is this one.
I feel that this thread must have given him the strong message on why ipad2 is better than xoom and he has not cancelled his order,
And thats the success for this forum:D

my opinion (can be completely different with yours)
Possibly. The OP's still buying a Xoom though. After taking a Xoom for a spin at Verizon (while waiting for them to get our account straightened out) I can't imagine anyone opting for one in lieu of the original iPad, let alone an iPad2, but each to their own!

BTW, Let's pray for sun! ;)

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into my nearest Verizon store a few days ago to check out the xoom in person.

This may come off sounding biased, being that I am an iPad 1 and iPad 2 owner, but after picking up and using a xoom for a few minutes, there is no way that I would purchase a xoom over an iPad.

There is no comparison in the quality of design, interface, user experience, and support. Though I am fortunate to have purchased an iPad 2 sooner than many, I'd have been glad to wait the 3 to 5 weeks for an online order to have arrived.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into my nearest Verizon store a few days ago to check out the xoom in person.

This may come off sounding biased, being that I am an iPad 1 and iPad 2 owner, but after picking up and using a xoom for a few minutes, there is no way that I would purchase a xoom over an iPad.

There is no comparison in the quality of design, interface, user experience, and support. Though I am fortunate to have purchased an iPad 2 sooner than many, I'd have been glad to wait the 3 to 5 weeks for an online order to have arrived.
Exactly. I had read a lot about the Xoom and had an open mind...if someone was going to give the iPad a run for its money, I wanted to get a feel for it...so I spent a good deal of time with it. My wife has a Droid so I was somewhat familiar with the Android OS. I opened apps on the Xoom, swiped this way and that, watched a couple of videos, listened to some music and even played Angry Birds. Aside from the form factor being bigger and heavier I just found it clunky and kludgy to use. It's a nice try but it's years behind the iPad IMHO.

After I put the Xoom back in its holder I stepped over to the iPad 2 and gave it a try. In less than 30 seconds I just shook my head...there is just no comparison. I can't imagine anyone giving both the iPad or iPad 2 a side-by-side workout with the Xoom walking out of the store with a Xoom. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions