What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many are jumping ship? I am Weary of the hunt for ipad2 going to Xoom Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited in line for 3 hrs yesterday morning just to exchange my from a 32gb to a 64gb. Trust me it was a loooong line but I believe everyone got one. I was lucky because I took the last 64gb too..it was freezing outside too..I got there about 6:45 a.m. And had iPad in hand and set up around 10:00 a.m. I live in NYC so I went to the Flagship store.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is off the subject but can you point me in the right direction for the instructions on how to add/change my profile photo. It's set to default because I haven't figured out how to change it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. Torria

Sure! OP ~ forgive this mini hi-jack of your thread.

Oops ~ I forgot the instructions:

Go to Private Messages up top, right hand corner, under your name >> click and then on the left hand side, you will see a column of things to edit. Under Settings and Options, click Edit Avatar.

If you need further instructions ~ kick me a PM, okay? Good Luck!

Last edited:

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a former owner of iPad 1 now I have the 2 and I'm fairly sure I will buy 3. However the purchase of 2 took a little PATIENCE! On launch day I took a PTO day from work and waited in line about 10 hours for mine. I was about 30 in line and when they got to me they had run out of the white and black 64 3G att even though I had a ticket for a white 64 3G. When we began the transaction I noticed that she had not charged me enough for everything I had. Low and behold they had given me a white 32 3G thus the price difference. They apologized and asked me to take the white 32 and they would call me when the white 64 came in. On Tuesday morning I got the call that they had my iPad was in and I could pick it up at my connivence and they would throw in apple care for free. GREAT!!!! RIGHT.... Well when I arrived a few hours later to pick it up it was a black 64 3G att. Well I had been sorta rethinking the whole white device thing and so I said I will just take this as a sign be happy and roll with it and my free apple care.

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. I felt really bad for the couple of hundred people in line behind me who got NOTHING. Ultimately the choice is yours but I don't see anyone lining up for the XOOM.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. Torria

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're too old and cranky to wait. Well, I"m old and cranky, but I'm defiantly waiting for my iPad 2. Frustrating as it is, after reading loads of comparisons and playing with each, the iPad is the one for me. Rather than spend $600 for a Xoom and maybe regret it later, I know I won't regret waiting for the Ipad 2. BTW, Eisenhower was president when I was born.

Last edited:

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really I would not go for the zoom, sure it hads the advantage in tech, but come on it only has what like 100 apps at most (specific to the tablet). It j ust does not compete int en ways of apps. I would wait for the ipad2.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So let me see if I am understanding the OP...

He doesn't have time to stand in line to get a new iPad, but he has time to do an Internet search, find this forum, sign up for membership and make 1 post about how the iPad is one huge pile of junk!

Sounds like he has plenty of spare time on his hands!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
He didn't say anything about it being a pile of junk. He just doesn't want to wait.

I admit it suggests that he considers the Xoom and iPad equivalent enough that waiting is the deciding factor, but unless he thinks the Xoom is a huge pile of junk then he's still not saying the iPad is.

Me, when I want something I wait. Not very patiently, but (almost) every time I've gone the expedient route I've ended up regretting it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, well the "pile of junk" were my words, but the implication is that he did not think it was worth the wait. Either way, I just don't understand why people bother coming here to tell us why they are NOT getting an iPad... for whatever reason.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, well the \"pile of junk\" were my words, but the implication is that he did not think it was worth the wait. Either way, I just don\'t understand why people bother coming here to tell us why they are NOT getting an iPad... for whatever reason.

Well, one reason would be \"freedom of speech\", \"freedom of expression\". Being a psychologist, I can tell you many just want affirmation. He clearly went to the toughest crowd, to perhaps help him come to a conclusion.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, well the \"pile of junk\" were my words, but the implication is that he did not think it was worth the wait. Either way, I just don\'t understand why people bother coming here to tell us why they are NOT getting an iPad... for whatever reason.

Well, one reason would be \"freedom of speech\", \"freedom of expression\". Being a psychologist, I can tell you many just want affirmation. He clearly went to the toughest crowd, to perhaps help him come to a conclusion.
But this is a private forum. As a condition of membership, everyone checked a little box that said they would abide by our rules. There is no freedom of speech on this forum and no one is protected by the First Amendment.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

But this is a private forum. As a condition of membership, everyone checked a little box that said they would abide by our rules. There is no freedom of speech on this forum and no one is protected by the First Amendment.

I think there's a big disconnect in the making here. I suspect that kctay didn't really mean to invoke the First Amendment, just the common need for people to express themselves, be affirmed, and failing that to at least be acknowledged and know where they stand among others.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think there's a big disconnect in the making here. I suspect that kctay didn't really mean to invoke the First Amendment, just the common need for people to express themselves, be affirmed, and failing that to at least be acknowledged and know where they stand among others.

Thanks for the clarification here ~ appreciate it.

But I think we should get back on topic here.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, one reason would be \\\"freedom of speech\\\", \\\"freedom of expression\\\". Being a psychologist, I can tell you many just want affirmation. He clearly went to the toughest crowd, to perhaps help him come to a conclusion.

I think there\'s a big disconnect in the making here. I suspect that kctay didn\'t really mean to invoke the First Amendment, just the common need for people to express themselves, be affirmed, and failing that to at least be acknowledged and know where they stand among others.

Thank god I have a translator. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts