What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many apps have you installed on your iPad?

How many apps have you installed on your iPad?

• 10 or less

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • 11 to 25

Votes: 76 17.4%
  • 26 to 50

Votes: 93 21.3%
  • 50 to 100

Votes: 102 23.3%
  • 100 or more

Votes: 137 31.4%

• Total voters

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
J. A. said:
I don't know exactly. I've not counted them yet. Feels like 50... ;-)

If you want the total without manually counting the apps, go to Settings>General>About>Applications.

Math17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57, thanks. I didn't have an idea how to count them.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is there a max # that can be installed ?
If I delete a big bunch the, later want to reinstall several dozen, is the an efficient way to do it ?
I really don't want to find name of one app and go to store to install that one, then repeat several dozen times until all put back in. It would be nice, like the update part for apps, only a reinstall list.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Is there a max # that can be installed ?
If I delete a big bunch the, later want to reinstall several dozen, is the an efficient way to do it ?
I really don't want to find name of one app and go to store to install that one, then repeat several dozen times until all put back in. It would be nice, like the update part for apps, only a reinstall list.

I believe that the maximum is about 4,400. You can have up to 11 home screens, 20 folders on each page and 20 apps in each folder, plus 6 folders in the dock with 20 apps in each folder there. Unless your apps are very small, you'd run out of storage before you reached that number.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
60 at this writing but always adding more as the need arises.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that the maximum is about 4,400. You can have up to 11 home screens, 20 folders on each page and 20 apps in each folder, plus 6 folders in the dock with 20 apps in each folder there. Unless your apps are very small, you'd run out of storage before you reached that number.

I need to read up on how to put a folder on a page in place of another app. I have no folders and room is tightening up.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I need to read up on how to put a folder on a page in place of another app. I have no folders and room is tightening up.

As long as you are using iOS 4.x or higher - here's how to make folders:

Tap and hold an icon unt it starts to wiggle. When it does, while still holding your finger on it, move it over another app until they merge/blend. A folder will magically :))) appear with both those apps in it (the screen will appear to drop down). The iPad will title the folder automatically, based on the category of the apps you first use. However, the cursor should be in the top line so that you can make your own name for the folder, if you wish.

Then, once you've created a folder, you can put up to 20 icons in that folder by repeating the process - dragging an icon over the folder will put it in the folder (although, after the first time, the folder will not open when you add another app to it. Just remember that you have to have the icons in wiggle mode....

Hope that helps.

And, to stay on topic :), I have 155 apps currently on the iPad and I feel it's about enough. Well, until I decide I want another. I'm a bit of an app-aholic! :D

Marilyn

Most reactions