What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How low do you let your ipad battery get before charging?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't plan on letting mine get below 5%. When I find it I'll post it but I've read they (LP) don't like to go below 4% and by doing so can harm the battery

Harm the battery on the iPad? I have read, here, numerous times, that his simply not true. But who knows?

Plus Apple does recommends you do so at least once a month.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm. This pad says uptime 18 days 12 hours and I've never drained the battery yet.
That said the battery seems as good as it was when I bought it.

Too lazy. Can't be bothered to waste my time draining it. Just plug it in the morning and top up. iPad2 here shortly anyway :)

Reaction score
I don't plan on letting mine get below 5%. When I find it I'll post it but I've read they (LP) don't like to go below 4% and by doing so can harm the battery

Harm the battery on the iPad? I have read, here, numerous times, that his simply not true. But who knows?

Plus Apple does recommends you do so at least once a month.

I cannot remember where I read it and will post a link when I find it. I did post one on another thread of how they work
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries
This shows how even when your meter shows 0% it's not really 0% but a safety kicking in to keep the voltage from dropping too low, just like when it shows 100% it's really not 100%.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I try to remember to do a full charge every night for the next day.
One of the first things to I do when I come home is plug my iPad into the charger and just leave it there until I go back to work even though it may only be down to 80%.

I also do the once a month discharge thing.... when I remember!

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Length of "running time" between charges varies. I use it all day, then charge it at night.
Depending on how many hours I use it during the day it can have anywhere from 50% down to 20% left when I recharge it for the evening.

Most reactions

Latest posts