What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How loud is the iPad mini?

JerryV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How loud are the internal speakers on the iPad mini?

In particular, how does the max speaker volume of the iPad mini compare to the max volume of the regular iPad?

Thanks,
Jerry.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JerryV said:
How loud are the internal speakers on the iPad mini?

In particular, how does the max speaker volume of the iPad mini compare to the max volume of the regular iPad?

Thanks,
Jerry.

It is exactly the same as my iPad 4. In fact, I got the mini to play music in bed at night. I prop it by my pillow or slide it underneath and it provides a nice listening experience that isn't ear splitting. No headphone needed at all.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine gets a lot louder than my iPad 3. I had not heard that the iPad 4 had new speakers.

Edit: I must retract my original statement above. The two sound different as the mini has two speakers and the iPad 3 has one. However, when I used an app called cleartune to generate a tone and another app called dBmeter to measure the sound pressure level, putting the speaker of one next to the microphone of the other, they show roughly the same sound level at max volume. So I think they are really the same in terms of loudness.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts