What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will the iPad 2s be sold out for?

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same happened to me at Bestbuy. The truck came in 1 hour before I got there. There were only 2 when I got to the store. Easily sold out in less than 1 hour of shipment. I live in Central Pa.and Ipad2's might as well be bars of free gold.

I just decided this weekend to purchase an iPad. I ordered one online last night from Apple, but planned to keep looking in the stores in the meantime. I checked stock this morning at Walmart and they didn't have any...I checked again about an hour later and 4 Walmarts within a 40 mile radius had gotten some in...the exact one I ordered!! I was so excited!! I called the store and was there within 10 minutes to get one. I came home and cancelled my Apple order. :D :D

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like quite a few have had similar experience than me.

I decided last week that I wanted one. Since local BestBuy wasn't able to tell when I could get one if I ordered one, I decided to get the app for my iPod Touch and after a few minutes found a Target store about 20 miles from my house that had one and off I went.

I didn't really need or want the 32GB model, but what the hell...

But I don't think there will be too many on the shelves, especially in larger metro areas, anytime soon. The Apple hype takes care of that.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered online in march and after a week into the 4-5 week wait I couldn't take it so I found 2 at a target. I've had it for about a month now and can't imagine not having it

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found my black 64 gig 3G (the exact model I wanted) on walmarts site.

I called to see if they really had it and they told me they had only one in stock, it had come in 1/2 hour earlier. I told them I would give them a discover card number to pay for it in full and they refused saying they where first come/first serve!

After a heated discussion involving the manager etc I finally got them to agree to hold it for 1/2 hour to give me time to drive there and purchase the thing.

Nobody around here has any model in stock period.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also - don't trust walmart employes when you call and ask if they have them in stock.

About two weeks before I decided to buy an iPad 2 I was in the local walmart and remembered seeing a lone iPad in the locked shelf. I didn't check it out or pay much attention to it. Every time I walked by the electronic section it was still there, I figured it was just an iPad 1. A week later or so I decided on purchasing an iPad 2 (after buying a Xoom) - I called that walmart, asked if they had any in stock and was told firmly "no."

With no luck finding one locally, I gave up and went to that walmart to do some grocery shopping (at midnight). I figured I'd check out the iPad - surprise surprise! It was a black 16 gig iPad 2 - the exact one I wanted! I bought it asap and have been happy since.

I'm still surprised every other store is sold out completely, but that lone iPad 2 was sitting in the glass case, facing everyone who walked by. There's a long waiting list at the local best buy for them..

ps249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine from apple.com on March 15 and it arrived Fed Ex on April 8 - thats 24 days.

Most reactions

Latest posts