What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will the iPad 2s be sold out for?

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When will the shelves overflowing and stocked at places like Best Buy, Wal-mart, Target, etc.

I'm thinking at least a couple months more of this sold out mayhem?

OP
T

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are not in stock - it takes them 2 weeks to ship!

Just make your order at Apple.com whenever you like.

Estimated ship time is 1-2 weeks and they put me down as ship date 2 weeks from when I ordered (ordered on Monday).

If they were not sold out it wouldn't take them 2 weeks to put the iPad in a box and ship. :mad: :confused: :p :ipad-case:

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When will the shelves overflowing and stocked at places like Best Buy, Wal-mart, Target, etc.

I'm thinking at least a couple months more of this sold out mayhem?

I would guess by June 1st you will be able to find ipad2 in local stores. The shelves won't be overflowing but you find them by then with little effort.

But that's just a guess;)

TSL88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep contacting Apple...I was going to order online but didn't want to wait 3 weeks so I kept calling my local Apple stores n within a few days I found one..didn't get the color I wanted but as of now I don't even care.

ssyates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are not sold out. I live out in the country in Northern Virginia, about 70 miles southwest of Washington, DC and using the iPhone APP "FindOne" there are half a dozen available in stores within a 40 mile radius of me. If you don't have an iPhone, try this link on your PC FineOne | ASF Mobiles

I found one at the Walmart just 5 miles from my home.

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order from Apple directly. Shipping is free!

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep contacting Apple...I was going to order online but didn't want to wait 3 weeks so I kept calling my local Apple stores n within a few days I found one..didn't get the color I wanted but as of now I don't even care.

I tried this also. I ordered from Apple April 19th. Shipped today!

Troll1678

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scrappininmd, I found my the same way.

I ordered an iPad2 in the middle of April and an Est. Delivery date on the 10th of May then again on the 6th.

In the mean time I was still searching locally and found on in a Target (of all places). Just The model I ordered from Apple online.

Searching the suburbs can pay off. I found mine 17 days before I was supposed to have it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if ordering online seems to trigger a store found model instead, just saying. A lot of people have said this so far.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the. Record On line store will carry limited stock as Apple does not warehouse the quantities like HP and ACER do. Apple stores are similar that only carry a weeks or maybe 2 weeks supply and the rest order from Apple direct or Authrized Apple distributers. WHen you order on line on a mainstream product and the store has it it is shipped within 3 -4 days however if stock is low it goes to CTO or BTO built to order then it around 10 to 21 days pending type of product. iPads are built in china whereas other products may come from any one of several factories that Apple has. Singapore supplies towers, monitors and iMacs plus lap tops for SE Asia but again depending on supply some items may come out of China. Apple is ramping up production and for what I can understand is producing 4 million plus a month iPads to cover demand. Hopefully it will catch up around June or July.

Last edited:

Most reactions