What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will the iPad 2 be for sale?

john9721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in the market to buy (in a couple months) an iPad or iPad mini. Figuring that the full size iPad is only $70 more I was going to consider it, and saving $100 off the newest iPad is nice, but in March or so when I am ready to buy will the iPad 2 still be around? I find it weird that the iPad 3 had such a short life when the 2 was still being built. Thanks!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums. The iPad 2 is a great product for new users and is still selling well world wide.
In regard to a time line on how long it will be available only Apple can answer that question. I believe we should know Apple's product line up some time late Feb or early March......

Colin, Administrator

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Welcome to our forums. The iPad 2 is a great product for new users and is still selling well world wide.
In regard to a time line on how long it will be available only Apple can answer that question. I believe we should know Apple's product line up some time late Feb or early March......

Colin, Administrator

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, only apple knows for sure. If the price was right and I were in the market for a new iPad I'd consider the 2 but like I said, the price would have to very generous. The 2 is what I have and I absolutely love it. But, nothing is forever, especially electronics.

Tommy96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpeg

I was surprised to see the iPad 2 still on sale on the Argos website.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That iPad 2 has got to be new old stock as Apple discontinued the iPad 2 several years ago. The £399.00 price is way out of line, it's worth no more than £100.00. It's also possible that the ad is a misprint and it should read as an iPad Air 2.

Also, the iPad 2 will not be getting iOS 10, this September.

Tommy96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That iPad 2 has got to be new old stock as Apple discontinued the iPad 2 several years ago. The £399.00 price is way out of line, it's worth no more than £100.00. It's also possible that the ad is a misprint and it should read as an iPad Air 2.

Also, the iPad 2 will not be getting iOS 10, this September.
I thought it was a misprint too - until I read a recent review from a disgruntled customer who realised they'd purchased a soon to be obsolete iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts