What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long least to allow charge battery up for?

wooding_scott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder how long allow charge battery up until 100% for? Most of time I charge when I went bed and finish when I wake up. I know it is too long to charge. I want to know how long charge it from low battery to 100%. Thanks.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder how long allow charge battery up until 100% for? Most of time I charge when I went bed and finish when I wake up. I know it is too long to charge. I want to know how long charge it from low battery to 100%. Thanks.
Hi,
Try using an app. There are a few available for free. I use Battery Doctor. I do not think any of them are definitive but they do give you some sort of guide.
Good luck.

Last edited:

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow why ipad4 takes that long to charge mine is ipad3 and only takes around 3 hours or less to charge from empty to full with original charger :rolleyes:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Barçamad said:
Hi,
Try using an app. There are a few available for free. I use Batter Doctor. I do not think any of them are definitive but they do give you some sort of guide.
Good luck.

Forgot to add that my iPad is an iPad 3, IOS 6.1, 32 gb, Wi-Fi only which I imagine may make a difference to charge times.

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 4 charges well. I plug it in whenever it gets down and only takes 2-3 hours from low to charge up with the new charger. I believe the older chargers took longer and that is why they redesigned it for iPad4. Cannot overcharge it, so just plug it in whenever you like

Alex

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most electronic devices nowadays have built in overcharge protection.. When it detects the battery is full it stops charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You can never overcharge your iPad 4 battery.........so it is never "to long to charge"
Overnight is fine...

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 4 is ALWAYS plugged in unless i go somewhere with it.
Same here with my iPad 3. My charger is plugged in next to my bedside table, which is where my iPad is most of the time. I wake up to a fully charged battery :)

It looks like nobody welcomed you yet. :(
I would like to welcome you, our newest member, to this gorgeous online community where iPad users alike come from all walks of life to converse and share their knowledge of the revolutionary piece of technology brought into existence by Apple known as the iPad. I invite and encourage you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!
We only ask that you kindly read over the forum rules and follow them during your membership at the forum. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
Also, for anyone using the iPF app for iPad (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8) and having issues with the Send button, read this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-4-forum/99986-ipf-app-send-button-greyed-out.html#post780659

It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that we welcome our newest member to the forum.

Regards.

From the account of Goofy8275, user of iPadForums

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it took some time to charge an ipad to full charge.

It's goes without saying as long as you have items running, ie location services then your power consumption is used.

As mentioned above battery doctor is good, it will source out what's not needed etc.. I use on my iPhone, and will try on my ipad if the download is available.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions