What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long does a charge last?

PNova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going on a 6 hour plane ride and want to read a book on my Ipad, will the charge last that long or should I bring a hardcover book as backup? Ipad is relatively new, 6 months. Thanks

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad lasts for 10 hours without charging, on a full charge. So yes, according to @SweetPoison above and me, you WILL be fine.

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your ipad is relatively new, 6 months. Then i would have though you would know how long it stays charged.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should get 10 hrs I would also make sure your screen brightness is not set to high about half way should be good

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember to turn on airplane mode, so your battery doesn't drain as your iPad searches for a signal.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other night I forgot to take my Kindle with me and had to read on my iPad. I got about 5-6 hours worth of reading done and I started with my battery at 48%. If you start with 100% you should have absolutely no problems what so ever.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could even watch a movie and read for several hours during the flight.
I use mine every time I travel.
Just a word of warning.
If you are going to a country with very slow Internet coverage ,down load movies before you go.
I am staying in Vanuatu and it takes up to 5 days to down load a movie or 1-2 days for a tv show.
So do lots before you go.
I find books on kindle down load in the same time as at home in oz.

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad batter life is really awesome... In comparison to my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BenFranklin said:
I get about 10-12 hours of use depending on how bright and how many different things I'm running.. 6 hours you should be fine...

Exactly. That's a normal battery. Just reading a book on a plane with brightness... Say halfway... Would give you at least 10 hours.

Dr Umfufu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that a good rule of thumb, provided you don't use your WiFi or play games, is that you lose about 10% battery every hour with normal usage.... Also, even though full brightness does look great, on a plane 50% or less is more than enough and will ensure you don't waste battery life unnecessarily.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
autumnbaby said:
Just because someone has owned an iPad for 6 months does not mean they have used it for hours upon hours straight; not everyone has the time to sit down and play with their toys for 10+ hours at a time. They could have used it a 1/2 hour here and a 1/2 hour there, which wouldn't give them an accurate picture on the battery life when in constant use.

As for not pissing off the mods, that seems to be a common rule on all discussion boards.

Like I said, it is comical what he says. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts