What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How likely are the rumors that the ipad 3 will debut this fall?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've read some articles that say there was a rumor leaked saying that the ipad 2 is an interim product and that the ipad 3 could debut as early as Fall 2011. What are the chances that this is true?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I mean is, it's not in Apple's best interests.

1) They'll tick off everyone that just bought an iPad2

2) They can't keep the supply of iPad2s up with demand right now. How an they introduce another product when the supply is already too low?

rod410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 just came out! Why not talk about the ipad 6 or the iphone 9 while your at it.

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only reason I brought it up is because of the rumors that it's coming out this fall. Otherwise, I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some good marketing reasons to change the release to early fall, but the way things are right now, it would not be practical. The word is that Apple has resolved the issues involved with doubling the resolution of the screen. The big sales of things like the iPad occur during the release, and Christmas. It is a challenge to time the release to keep the customers intriqued. The people who buy for Christmas fit a different profile than those who buy at release time.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My father listens to Kim commando and she says it will. I keep telling him it won't.
Apple releases on a yearly basis. Why would they change now?
They would tick everybody off who just bought an iPad 2, and they would screw up their yearly basis release schedule.
Not happening.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I listen to Kim and she actually said that? You would think she would know better.

Your avatar is always an eye. I feel like you want to portray that you are always watching me. :)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
I've read some articles that say there was a rumor leaked saying that the ipad 2 is an interim product and that the ipad 3 could debut as early as Fall 2011. What are the chances that this is true?

I hope not! I've only just bought the new one:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts