What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is this better..

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I own both a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and an iPad Air.. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, but I do like the Air a quite bit better.

One thing I really wish Apple did that the Android does is include numbers on the onscreen typewriter keys. Android devices have the numbers in a row across the top of the letters, (just like on a regular desktop keyboard). This saves switching back and forth when you're typing stuff with a mix of letters and text.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AMEN, that's what I'm talking about. And if you want to put a space between numbers it bounces back and forth. I guess you can use the sliding finger trick. A big disappointment on the iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do own an Android device, and my keyboard shows letters only. When I want to switch to numbers, there's no sliding trick. I have to press the numbers key, or tap and hold on a letter.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think we are comparing Galaxy 10 and iPads. I gotta android phone and have to do the switch a roo on the keyboard also, however, it's not designed for doing the work the iPad is. Would never think of web surfing, emailing or word processing on it either.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In three or four months this is going to be a non-argument for either platform. You'll be able to get alternate keyboards, and I'm sure there will be one for every person's taste (eventually) no matter how badly designed it might be. :p

Most reactions

Latest posts