What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is ipad 2 better than the first?

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it has all the extras BUT...

Apple are 'cleverer' than that :), they stage the upgrades so that when they have an iPad 3 and iPad 4 it will gradually be better. So would you wait for a better version? I have iPad 1, big mistake....

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me it wasn't worth the update. I got iPad 2 on the first day of release but sold 2 and kept my iPad 1

Reaction score

Apple are 'cleverer' than that :), they stage the upgrades so that when they have an iPad 3 and iPad 4 it will gradually be better. So would you wait for a better version? I have iPad 1, big mistake....

Could you elaborate as to why the iPad1 was a big mistake for you?
More RAM and a faster process are probably the biggest performance improvements but adding a camera is a big deal to many.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:

Or it could be hardware which wasn't ready yet at the point of the previous release. By definition, a later version would have better, faster hardware and specs than earlier versions, so if you always want something better, you'll never stop waiting.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:

My sister got the first iPad for Christmas of 2010. It's a great machine! I picked up the IPad 2 last week. As a result, I've had the opportunity to use both.

I'm very glad I have the IPad 2. First, I like the fact that it's thinner and the fact that it has the smart cover (if you want to buy it). It's also lighter than the previous version. Hope this helps.

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64gb 3G iPad 2, and an associate of mine has an iPad 1 in the masters program course we are both in. We have some sizable PDF ebooks we read for class. His almost completely shuts down when trying to open some of the PDFs, whereas my iPad 2 has little perceptible delay. It's not a huge deal unless you work with large files but this could be an issue.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The single biggest improvement for me is the extra RAM - makes using the iPad 2 a nicer experience.

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Could you elaborate as to why the iPad1 was a big mistake for you?
More RAM and a faster process are probably the biggest performance improvements but adding a camera is a big deal to many.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Because simply... Can't afford iPad 2 :(

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like an ipad2, but I think I would wait till the ipad 3 comes out first. If I sell my ipad1 should be able to get something for it, all my stuff looks new even some times after years of use. I am very strict about taking care of things that cost money lol

All depends on money saved up, and if there is something better for less at the time, if not, then I can be happy for awhile with mine. There are just some things I would like, like the camera and more RAM.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you NEED to take pictures then the iPad2 is a nobrainer upgrade.

If you don't NEED to take pictures I see no reason to upgrade other than having the newest/fastest.

I had absolutely no interest in the iPad2. The iPad1 did everything I wanted it to and did it very well. That being said, when I was given the iPad2 as a gift I gladly took it. :) But I stand by my evaluation above. No real reason to upgrade.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want the camera for video calls, I have a camera so no need for pics, just want to use video calling, so that way I dont have to carry around laptop.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm glad I bought aniPad2, and will no doubt buy the next iteration as well.
I prefer the screen, it looks better, it's faster, more responsive and fewer crashes due to memory constraints. Plus it's easier to hold and lighter.
None of these are earth shaking, but taken together they make the whole experience that bit more enjoyable.

I'm also using the camera to compile a database on the iPad with Bento (madness will out).

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
I'm glad I bought aniPad2, and will no doubt buy the next iteration as well.
I prefer the screen, it looks better, it's faster, more responsive and fewer crashes due to memory constraints. Plus it's easier to hold and lighter.
None of these are earth shaking, but taken together they make the whole experience that bit more enjoyable.

I'm also using the camera to compile a database on the iPad with Bento (madness will out).

But I suppose if iPad keeps getting thinner there will be NO CHANCE of a USB cable

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A successful marketing organization makes you want the latest and greatest. If you have limited resources and don't NEED the newer version (like to make money), don't worry about it.

Most businesses don't replace their equipment and software with each new announcement. Why would you try? Lots of people can't afford either version. Also, you have had longer to enjoy yours than we IP2 owners.

Most reactions

Latest posts