How is ipad 2 better than the first?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Bribrianna, May 3, 2011.

1. Bribrianna

Bribrianna
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I know it has all the extras BUT...

Apple are 'cleverer' than that :), they stage the upgrades so that when they have an iPad 3 and iPad 4 it will gradually be better. So would you wait for a better version? I have iPad 1, big mistake....

2. Hawon

Hawon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    To me it wasn't worth the update. I got iPad 2 on the first day of release but sold 2 and kept my iPad 1

3. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Could you elaborate as to why the iPad1 was a big mistake for you?
    More RAM and a faster process are probably the biggest performance improvements but adding a camera is a big deal to many.

Support Our Troops!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from my iPad

4. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Or it could be hardware which wasn't ready yet at the point of the previous release. By definition, a later version would have better, faster hardware and specs than earlier versions, so if you always want something better, you'll never stop waiting.

5. Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    My sister got the first iPad for Christmas of 2010. It's a great machine! I picked up the IPad 2 last week. As a result, I've had the opportunity to use both.

I'm very glad I have the IPad 2. First, I like the fact that it's thinner and the fact that it has the smart cover (if you want to buy it). It's also lighter than the previous version. Hope this helps.

6. james4133

james4133
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a 64gb 3G iPad 2, and an associate of mine has an iPad 1 in the masters program course we are both in. We have some sizable PDF ebooks we read for class. His almost completely shuts down when trying to open some of the PDFs, whereas my iPad 2 has little perceptible delay. It's not a huge deal unless you work with large files but this could be an issue.

7. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The single biggest improvement for me is the extra RAM - makes using the iPad 2 a nicer experience.

8. Bribrianna

Bribrianna
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Because simply... Can't afford iPad 2 :(

9. David79

David79
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I would like an ipad2, but I think I would wait till the ipad 3 comes out first. If I sell my ipad1 should be able to get something for it, all my stuff looks new even some times after years of use. I am very strict about taking care of things that cost money lol

All depends on money saved up, and if there is something better for less at the time, if not, then I can be happy for awhile with mine. There are just some things I would like, like the camera and more RAM.

10. Pingles

Pingles
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you NEED to take pictures then the iPad2 is a nobrainer upgrade.

If you don't NEED to take pictures I see no reason to upgrade other than having the newest/fastest.

I had absolutely no interest in the iPad2. The iPad1 did everything I wanted it to and did it very well. That being said, when I was given the iPad2 as a gift I gladly took it. :) But I stand by my evaluation above. No real reason to upgrade.