What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is ios8.1.1 on ipad2?

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still on iOS 7.1.2 and due to many complaints about iOS 8. Since this update was for ipad2 users, anyone want to share their experience?

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I loaded iOS 8.1.1 earlier today, hoping it would alleviate some, if not all, of the problems I've had on my iPad 2 since first loading iOS 8. It would run slowly, with very jerky movements, text entry would be" jerky", websites would load erratically, just to name a few.

Well, so far I'm extremely pleased with 8.1.1, my iPad 2 seems to have taken on a new persona. It seems faster, smoother, text entry is now smooth not jerky, websites seem to load quicker as well. It's as if it's just had a shot of "Red Bull".

I am still quite cautious, as it's only been a few hours since the download, but so far I'm very pleased, in so far as I'm now considering postponing my purchase of a new iPad Air 2 for a while, and basking in the glory of having my "old friend" back to its usual self (fingers tightly crossed [emoji1])

Steve

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm one of the iPad 2 owners who never had problems with iOS 8. It was a little bit slow, but now, more than 20 hours after installing the new software, it seems to be faster.

kathy1020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded iOS 8.1.1 earlier today, hoping it would alleviate some, if not all, of the problems I've had on my iPad 2 since first loading iOS 8. It would run slowly, with very jerky movements, text entry would be" jerky", websites would load erratically, just to name a few.

Well, so far I'm extremely pleased with 8.1.1, my iPad 2 seems to have taken on a new persona. It seems faster, smoother, text entry is now smooth not jerky, websites seem to load quicker as well. It's as if it's just had a shot of "Red Bull".

I am still quite cautious, as it's only been a few hours since the download, but so far I'm very pleased, in so far as I'm now considering postponing my purchase of a new iPad Air 2 for a while, and basking in the glory of having my "old friend" back to its usual self (fingers tightly crossed [emoji1])

Steve

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just loaded 8.1.1. A little different than others in that after hitting 'Download' button it went right to the 'Verifying' phase. Aparrently download was done automatically earlier.

After doing a reset with both buttons and a quick check, everything seems good, if not gooder (had to try using the new word, think I like it better.)

majid4204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for sharing! im on 7.0.4 its very fast I dont want to lost this feature!!!update or not?

dasipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for sharing! im on 7.0.4 its very fast I dont want to lost this feature!!!update or not?
IMHO....YES!!
Wife and I each have a 4-year-old iPad 2....we updated to 8.1.1 and notice a (albeit, modest.....) speed increase - both in loading and running programs....of course, the "old" -2's wi-fi is sluggish, compared to the 802.11ac on my new Air 2.....!!;)
Good luck!

Dopplerup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've stayed with all the updates as they have come along and while there was a definite slow down with 8, 8.1.1 is cracking along just great. I did a factory reset and restore after 8 which helped things along, and as I say , 8.1.1 is doing very well.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 just over a week ago. The first attempt - over the air - left Safari really struggling. However, a complete restore to factory settings, including a fresh instal of IOS 8.1.1 via iTunes, helped a great deal. I still find it is a trifle hesitant when I type into Safari to start with, but this is not so noticeable where the wi-if speed is faster.

Most reactions

Latest posts