How is ios8.1.1 on ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by kidneyshot, Nov 17, 2014.

1. kidneyshot

kidneyshot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm still on iOS 7.1.2 and due to many complaints about iOS 8. Since this update was for ipad2 users, anyone want to share their experience?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Aerofly

Aerofly
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I loaded iOS 8.1.1 earlier today, hoping it would alleviate some, if not all, of the problems I've had on my iPad 2 since first loading iOS 8. It would run slowly, with very jerky movements, text entry would be" jerky", websites would load erratically, just to name a few.

Well, so far I'm extremely pleased with 8.1.1, my iPad 2 seems to have taken on a new persona. It seems faster, smoother, text entry is now smooth not jerky, websites seem to load quicker as well. It's as if it's just had a shot of "Red Bull".

I am still quite cautious, as it's only been a few hours since the download, but so far I'm very pleased, in so far as I'm now considering postponing my purchase of a new iPad Air 2 for a while, and basking in the glory of having my "old friend" back to its usual self (fingers tightly crossed )

Steve

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm one of the iPad 2 owners who never had problems with iOS 8. It was a little bit slow, but now, more than 20 hours after installing the new software, it seems to be faster.

4. kathy1020

kathy1020
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

5. kathy1020

kathy1020
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thats great! Let us know because i'm afraid to update

6. cruiser111

cruiser111
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just loaded 8.1.1. A little different than others in that after hitting 'Download' button it went right to the 'Verifying' phase. Aparrently download was done automatically earlier.

After doing a reset with both buttons and a quick check, everything seems good, if not gooder (had to try using the new word, think I like it better.)

7. majid4204

majid4204
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    thank you for sharing! im on 7.0.4 its very fast I dont want to lost this feature!!!update or not?

8. dasipad2

dasipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    IMHO....YES!!
    Wife and I each have a 4-year-old iPad 2....we updated to 8.1.1 and notice a (albeit, modest.....) speed increase - both in loading and running programs....of course, the "old" -2's wi-fi is sluggish, compared to the 802.11ac on my new Air 2.....!!;)
    Good luck!

9. kidneyshot

kidneyshot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks! Gonna stick on 7 for a while

10. Dopplerup

Dopplerup
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've stayed with all the updates as they have come along and while there was a definite slow down with 8, 8.1.1 is cracking along just great. I did a factory reset and restore after 8 which helped things along, and as I say , 8.1.1 is doing very well.