What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is creating a custom firmware piracy ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_Sayers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is creating an iOS update piracy. iOS updates from apple are free and have always been. Since when have you had to pay to update an iOS device. . Hacking is the only way piracy is possible. I am deleting my account soon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are talking about some developers making modified versions of the iOS. To do this, the developers must circumvent Apples's EULA agreement on copyright issues. So that, at the start, is against this forum's policy. We don't condone copyright violations.

Then, the latest versions of the software you are looking for don't come with the AppStore app. So, the only way to get apps is to download them illegally. Again, the only legal way to get apps for an iDevice is from the AppStore. So, that's the second reason why we won't allow discussion of the program you mentioned in your other post. To actually use the modified iOS, you'd have to do illegal activities. Again, not condoned here.

Hope this clarifies the issue. If you need more discussion, feel free to PM me. Meanwhile, this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions