What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Important is ityour ipad w/ itunes and your PC? I have never done it!

UndieWhere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good gravy, I hope I'm posting this thread correctly! Its only the 3rd time in my 47 yrs to do it, so hopefully it doesnt end up in the trash, LOL. Ok, so just how bad is it that I have never synced my ipad 2 w/ itunes or ever gotten any updates on it?? I've had my ipad since we got it last Christmas and I just learned about this syncing thing you do with itunes and your PC and how Apple release updates you need to get etc etc. Is doing that stuff an absolute must or can I just go on this way? I'm just so new to Apple products, that I'm completely clueless! I dont even know what syncing means! How embarrassing is that? Hahaha

Here are a few questions I cant seem to find a straight answer for: Does Apple have something on their website that says "Click here to download ipad updates or Click here to upgrade your ipad?" I need simple! Can I get on my ipad, go to Apple and click on the files to download them right there? Omg, that would be awesome! You know, like you can do with internet explorer and microsoft updates? Is there anything under the settings tab that will do it? I'm just so new to Appple products and I can't stand being this clueless! Ugh! This is making my hair hurt and I've rambled on long enough...lol. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh and somewhere I can find simple, step by step instructions on syncing with itunes. Thank you! :D

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i moved your post here for better attention,i deleted your second post,please post only once per issue,thank you.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Firstly, check what your current version of iOS is. Go to Settings -> General -> About and check Version. If it is version 5.0 or later, you can do the update over the air, in other words, right from the iPad.

If so, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. Currently, it should allow you to update to 5.1.1 (unless you're already there, of course).

Most reactions

Latest posts