What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How i can save my apps in flash drive with help of pc ?

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As we buy a software cd and I can copy those in flash for further use ..but in case of I pad I install them in I tunes,I can see them in I tunes, I can del them from I tunes ,can I get all those softwares from I tunes any way ?

ybbhfdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a noob I think no way and no use
They the apple don't allow us to do that
It's illegal

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you can do that. The apps on your computer, in iTunes, are just in iTunes.

You can't save them to a flash drive.

Unless I am not understanding what you mean?

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See , like I got apps in my pc only ,if some way I can have them in flash drive ,and i am going some other city , I can put apps In my I pad throughout I tunes/flash ..or is it possible when I install I tunes in my pc , I guide installler to my flash instead of my pc drives?

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am single so no problem with me , but my sis kids asks to play with it and often they del apps .and more over I feel comfortable with back up along with me ..hey u saw external hard drive for I pad?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
You can save your iTunes library (ie, actual files of music, movies, photos and apps) to a separate portable hard or flash drive if you wish. All my apps are on an external hard drive I transport around from pc to pc depending on where I need to access my iTunes media from.

This means I can use my music and movies and photos anywhere I like on whatever medium I like, but apps are only playable on your iPad/iPhone.

Is this what you mean?

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
You can save your iTunes library (ie, actual files of music, movies, photos and apps) to a separate portable hard or flash drive if you wish. All my apps are on an external hard drive I transport around from pc to pc depending on where I need to access my iTunes media from.

This means I can use my music and movies and photos anywhere I like on whatever medium I like, but apps are only playable on your iPad/iPhone.

Is this what you mean?

Yes , how you do that?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is this what you mean?

Finally. Someone that can actually help you! Learn something new every day! This is good to know about backing everything up on the flash drive.

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I said earlier , when I need help you guys are around me like angels :) I never felt so comfortable with my I pad , like now a days , and idea cameos in my mind and here comes solution :)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I went into normal windows explorer on a pc ( or finder on a mac) and copied out the directory structure and it's contents of the iTunes section on my hard disk onto my portable drive.

Then, whenever I go in to iTunes I plug in my flash drive first, then go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > ADVANCED and change the iTunes library path to my plugged in portable hard drive. This is the place I also weekly back up and transfer purchases to.

You could of course just use this method for syncing apps only if you wanted. You just need to be on top of where your current up to date library is being stored else you could get in a right mess.

Last edited:
OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
I went into normal windows explorer on a pc ( or finder on a mac) and copied out the directory structure and it's contents of the iTunes section on my hard disk onto my portable drive.

How you do this? Sorry if I am annoying but I am very basic user so :(

Rest I got how to ..

Last edited by a moderator:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You don't need to do this anyway for apps, you can redownload any app you have already bought for free on the ipad via itunes anyway.

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DefBref said:
You don't need to do this anyway for apps, you can redownload any app you have already bought for free on the ipad via itunes anyway.

But I actually wants method of mr worthy said above ...

Most reactions