What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good are apple really ?

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a new iPad last week, not from the Apple Store, but a nearby store. Same price etc. As someone new to Apple products and wanting help getting started, I was interested in the Apple store help program of ongoing workshops etc, which can only promote Apple and additional products I may need.

When looking at the web site for Apple stores, it states that workshops etc are available to those who have purchased at an Apple store. I have heard that the workshops are available to anyone, but am not sure is this is correct. Can anyone clarify this for me please, as there must be many people who receive Apple products as presents etc.

Alex

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just had a look at the Apple website, and all it mentions is free one hour workshops. No mention of any requirement to have purchased your equipment directly.

Last edited:

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alex101 said:
I bought a new iPad last week, not from the Apple Store, but a nearby store. Same price etc. As someone new to Apple products and wanting help getting started, I was interested in the Apple store help program of ongoing workshops etc, which can only promote Apple and additional products I may need.

When looking at the web site for Apple stores, it states that workshops etc are available to those who have purchased at an Apple store. I have heard that the workshops are available to anyone, but am not sure is this is correct. Can anyone clarify this for me please, as there must be many people who receive Apple products as presents etc.

Alex

Any one can go I bought at an independent store but went to one of the work shops.just down load the apple shop app and reserve a place from their.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always call the nearest Apple store to make absolutely sure.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

I have now gone to the store on line and booked a workshop. Nothing available for beginners, but by the time of the workshop in a couple of weeks time. I should be nearly at the next level and want more info. Will be interesting and I do need addiotional 'extras' so it could be to their interest.

Alex

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can sign up for their classes even if you don't own any Apple products.............
Good way for them to attract new customers IMHO.

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe apple support is fantastic. If you can't make a call, you can also email them via their company website. Good luck. And hey, congratulations on your new iPad. Explore and enjoy!

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My son's iPhone 5 screen cracked and he didn't have insurance or Apple Care and was out of town for work. He took it to a cell phone repair place that wanted to charge an arm and leg to replace it but I told him to stop in at the Apple store just in case.

He walked in and told them what was going on, that if they needed to replace the screen that was fine and he would pay. The guy came back with a brand new phone, transferred all his stuff to it, and said no charge. We were both pleasantly shocked and thankful.

I wouldn't hesitate to go through them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find Apple CS hit and miss.

I've walked into a store and gotten served immediately or nearly, which is reasonable, since I don't expect to waltz in and have people drop everything to help me -- other customers have gotten there before me, or they've made appointments.

I once walked in with an iPhone that I'd dropped and shattered, expecting to pay for a repair. Apple offered me a free replacement with only one question -- how'd I'd broken the phone. About 10 mins later, I walked out with my new phone, which they'd loaded all my stuff on, from my shattered phone. I didn't even have AppleCare, and I'd purchased the phone on another continent. The CS guy never even asked where I'd bought it.

In another instance, during a tech support call when two apps hung on one of my iPads, they ran me through all the troubleshooting steps I'd already tried and eventually suggested that I resort to a full restore -- OK, so in that case they didn't know any more than I did. Fair enough.

In one case, I bought a laptop and the CS guy in the store knew less than I did or didn't seem to be interested in helping me set it up properly. In the end, I returned it, because I decided I didn't want to bother relearning and adapting. That worked out fine, because I continue to be happy with my Lenovo ThinkPad. I ended up spending nearly the same amount, but I got more RAM and a 3TB portable hard drive out of my purchase.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts