How fast is Apple's "Fast, Free, Shipping"?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by jrp95, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jrp95

jrp95
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know how fast the "fast free shipping" is from apple.com it would be nice to know when my ipad 2 will come! Thanks :ipad-keyboard:

2. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm guessing it will be the two business day shipping. So it would probably come on Tuesday assuming the really ship on Friday.

That's not confirmed though. I'm just guess they wouldn't say "fast, free shipping" if they were just using the up to 6 business day standard ground shipping option.

I doubt we'll find out until some of us place orders tomorrow night! I'd like to get it buy Wednesday. I work late (teach a late class) on Tuesday nights so I wouldn't get much chance to mess with it that day anyway.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    They've always hit their predicted date, or sooner, when shipping to me.

Hold in mind, that they only ship with signature required. If someone isn't there to sign for the package you'll end up waiting another day, or chasing the FedEx guy all the way back to his shipping center. ;)

4. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, thankfully I live in a high rise condo building with a 24 hour concierge. They sign for all packages and hold them for us (we get an automated phone call and an e-mail when we have packages).

So I never have to worry about that. I can't sign for my packages if I wanted to here as they don't let the delivery people go door to door (would take too long anyway in a 30 story, 300 some unit building).

5. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It has always been very fast

and certainly free with my orders which have included an iPad, macBook Pro, and a number of accessories and software.

Flawless and speedy are two descriptors that come to mind.

6. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Well I ordered 3 minutes after you could order, and have a delivery date of March 18-March 25!!!! Quite disappointing. But with only having one Wal-mart anywhere near where I live that may have them, and no other options, I decided to go ahead and order online. When I called Wal-mart last night they didn't even know what I was talking about

7. Davebarrie

Davebarrie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My iPad shipped in 5 hours and arrived in 3 days

8. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The cover and AC Adapter I ordered with my iPad at 3:03 already say Prepared for Shipment, so that is definitely fast. Now if only that were true for the iPad!

9. Lynette

Lynette
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am hoping the shipments will go quicker than the stated dates. I have no choice since I am about 3 hours from the nearest apple store.

10. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm hoping the shipping goes quicker than stated as well. But if I have to wait until the 18th-25th so be it. I don't have an option for waiting in line since I have to work until at least 5:30 or so today and I'd rather wait than hassle with driving around trying to find one after that anyway.