What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How fast is Apple's "Fast, Free, Shipping"?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be the two business day shipping. So it would probably come on Tuesday assuming the really ship on Friday.

That's not confirmed though. I'm just guess they wouldn't say "fast, free shipping" if they were just using the up to 6 business day standard ground shipping option.

I doubt we'll find out until some of us place orders tomorrow night! I'd like to get it buy Wednesday. I work late (teach a late class) on Tuesday nights so I wouldn't get much chance to mess with it that day anyway.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They've always hit their predicted date, or sooner, when shipping to me.

Hold in mind, that they only ship with signature required. If someone isn't there to sign for the package you'll end up waiting another day, or chasing the FedEx guy all the way back to his shipping center. ;)

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, thankfully I live in a high rise condo building with a 24 hour concierge. They sign for all packages and hold them for us (we get an automated phone call and an e-mail when we have packages).

So I never have to worry about that. I can't sign for my packages if I wanted to here as they don't let the delivery people go door to door (would take too long anyway in a 30 story, 300 some unit building).

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has always been very fast

and certainly free with my orders which have included an iPad, macBook Pro, and a number of accessories and software.

Flawless and speedy are two descriptors that come to mind.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I ordered 3 minutes after you could order, and have a delivery date of March 18-March 25!!!! Quite disappointing. But with only having one Wal-mart anywhere near where I live that may have them, and no other options, I decided to go ahead and order online. When I called Wal-mart last night they didn't even know what I was talking about

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The cover and AC Adapter I ordered with my iPad at 3:03 already say Prepared for Shipment, so that is definitely fast. Now if only that were true for the iPad!

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am hoping the shipments will go quicker than the stated dates. I have no choice since I am about 3 hours from the nearest apple store.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping the shipping goes quicker than stated as well. But if I have to wait until the 18th-25th so be it. I don't have an option for waiting in line since I have to work until at least 5:30 or so today and I'd rather wait than hassle with driving around trying to find one after that anyway.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About three hours to an apple store for me too. And when I called our only store, Walmart, yesterday, they didnt even know what I was talking about although they are supposed to have them .

RobGil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
April 8th delivery to NYS

I just ordered and got a April 8th delivery date on Ipad. On smart cover 16-25th. Check as they are sendoing them separately!:mad:

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I ordered 3 minutes after you could order, and have a delivery date of March 18-March 25!!!! Quite disappointing. But with only having one Wal-mart anywhere near where I live that may have them, and no other options, I decided to go ahead and order online. When I called Wal-mart last night they didn't even know what I was talking about

My order status is exactly Lille yours. Hopefully it's a CYA date and it will arrive sooner (like next week).

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received my shipment notification for the cover, so they are definitely quick to send those! Now if I would just have something to put it on! 

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, my cover has shipped as well. iPad still listed as shipping in 3-5 business days with March 18th-25th delivery.

Most reactions

Latest posts