What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How easy does the iPad Mini scratch?

john9721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, Im new to the site. I am in the process of saving up for an iPad Mini (I'm 15), and had a few questions. I want to get a white/silver 16 gig model because I have read that the black/grey model scratches easy and you can see the silver under it, but is it the same for the silver white model? Also, what is a good, fairly inexpensive case to protect from scratches and damage? Thanks!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
A scratch on black is always going to be more visible than it is on white. Which is why black iPads "look better in the shade." ;)

I protect my iPad 2 with an "iFrogz" brand shell on the back and an "Apple" brand smart cover for the screen. Both work well for me.

Good on you for asking questions while you save
to make your purchase.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep mine in a case. I want to be able to sell mine when/if the new one comes out.

I once went to an Apple store to look at the black mini's they had on display. All of those looked to be in good condition. But the table they put them on is wooden and the stand they use is plasitc. So, there is really nothing there to scratch the black iPad. I don't think they are super easy to scratch, but you can bet if you leave it naked it will get scratched. If you want to protect it, get a decent case and keep it in that. Or get a skin like those from icarbons.com or bodyguardz.com.

There are several inexpensive and lightweight cases on amazon.com.

Last edited:

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the cheap eBay screen protectors because they normally feel closest to the actual screen than the tacky zagg or ghost armor ones

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

ahowe070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, I woudln't know how easily it would scratch. I'm not going to pay $300+ for an item and not protect it, if I got one scratch on that thing it would drive me CRAZY!! I got armor shield screen protectors (3 for $7) and a keyboard case for $30. You can get a case cheaper without the keyboard. My ipad is always protected.

Most reactions

Latest posts