What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How easily could a Good Samaritan return your iPad?

How easily could a Good Samaritan return your iPad?

• My iPad isn't password protected and my contact information is easy to find.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • My iPad isn't password protected and my name is easy to find.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • My password protection app alerts people of some way to contact me.

• My iPad's password protected and really difficult to hack.

• I would never be so absent-minded as to leave my iPad anywhere.

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. I like the idea and have experienced first hand. I was in Ikea in Stockholm, Sweden (World's largest Ikea). I sat on the couch and a phone rang, brand new Sony Ericsson phone costing about $200 at that time. I answered the call. The guy couldn't speak English or was hysterical. I told him, I am giving it to Ikea folks, pick up from them and left. As I was exiting, Ikea lady showed him that I returned his phone and he was offering me monetary reward. I refused so don't know how much he was willing to give but I would like to know how much would you give. (Honestly, I got very offended by this gesture. I have very much Asian (Indian) looks and I felt like his actions are telling me that he was not expecting such action, i.e. returning a phone, from a person that looks like me, consider stereotypes..)

I have iPad (1st Gen), Verizon Motorola Xoom (1st Gen), HTC One X, Motorola Razr Droid. I would also like to out such sticker on my devices, just in case.

The guy probably was just trying to show his gratitude. I wouldn't accept, nor would I take offense. I'm Asian, too.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my way of thinking, I would want to reward someone who returned something precious to me. It wouldn't even accrue to me I was insulting someone by offering money. Some people, maybe the only grateful emotion they can have is offering money. Maybe the receiver was of that mindset. You have to remember, that phone not only held $$ value, but contacts, phone numbers that were worth more. Believe me, if I seen you as the one who ret urged my phone I would be seeing nothing but a great honest person and nothing more.

Most reactions

Latest posts