What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does jb work???

misbubbles93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone I know talks about Jail breaking, and I'm jus wondering how it works.... Especially want to know if I JB and then update my iPad will my iPad stop working?

osutrooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has a new update that will break your jailbreak. I would stay at 4.3 until they say it's safe to upgrade. The easiest way to jailbreak is to back up your iPad then visit www.jailbreakme.com on your iPad and install. Very easy! In the event you need to restore, it takes it off with no problems. Good luck, you will enjoy your iPad jail broken!

OP
M

misbubbles93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
osutrooper said:
Apple has a new update that will break your jailbreak. I would stay at 4.3 until they say it's safe to upgrade. The easiest way to jailbreak is to back up your iPad then visit www.jailbreakme.com on your iPad and install. Very easy! In the event you need to restore, it takes it off with no problems. Good luck, you will enjoy your iPad jail broken!

So what does jail breaking my iPad do actually (sorry I'm a jail break noob)

osutrooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak opens your iPad to add a program call Cydia. By having this on your iPad you can install themes, apps that apple will not approve and tweaks. For example, I use a program that allows me to add as many icons to my dock. There are other tweaks everything from sbsettings to a program that changes your font. The best feature is the ability to make my iPhone apps full screen and they not be fuzzy.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak gains root access through a security hole like the PDF hole, and allows you to install apps not from the app store by blocking apple's package signing check.

(Leigh, this is open for editing :))

Most reactions

Latest posts