What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you use your ipad internet on your computer?

baby123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to this so sorry if I have posted in the wrong area.

I want to use my ipad2 internet on my mac laptop. I have been told back and forth that you can and can't do this. I was told that you can get the app MyWi 4.0 that costs $19.95 and then that will allow you to connect your other device to the ipad as a wifi connection. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? I saw somewhere about Jail break?? Is this something you have to do before something like this will work? What dose that entail? I really don't know much about computers so it seems complicated to me so if anyone could help me and give me good some good advice and instructions I would really appriciaet it. I really need this to work!

Thank you!:eek:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
this would require jail breaking your iPad (also voids warranty)

MiWi is an app that can only be installed after you have jailbroken your iPad.

OP
B

baby123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thank you for your help. Would you know if it is possible to put the iPad sim card into a dongle and plug that into the USB and use it that way, does something like that exist?

Most reactions

Latest posts